1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Future Factions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Deimos, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

So in an effort to expand and suggest what I feel would make great additions to the game. I feel there should be different factions, even in the Navy on ships we run into the same crime you would find in any community, such as drug usage, prostitution, gambling, ETC. I feel this would have to be the same on the Ark, which is why we have these raiders and outcasts. Considering the generic skins, that can be expanded more on later. Mentioning this, if the Ark could be built by a corporation or government, then what to say a rogue state couldn't build one neither. The potential to tap into virgin planets for corporate greed or expanding military installations to fight other forms of government. I will list some of my ideas here, as I did post some screenshots in a previous thread. One user mentioned criminal elements within the Ark. We could refer to these individuals as insurgents, who either don't agree with the ideals of the Ark, or completely want to commit resources into a hostile takeover.

Apexi Industries - Expanded on the science camp, this corporation is a science driven company looking to gain technology found from alien worlds with no moral compass. Their entire philosophy is profit driven with no compassion for humans or creatures and controls trade throughout the universe. Any merchant has to purchase rights through them to do business, otherwise they resort to extortion and murder to those that refuse to purchase said rights.

Mirage - A mercenary organization hired to perform security details and resources extend to a fully armed army with superior training to match any country or planetary defense force. Famous for Operation Seism where they took over the planet Viyria forming the first planet controlled by a military force with no government. "Up close it's the dull hum of heavy cruisers and destroyers which overpowers all other sounds. The sky filled with dropships of man and machine can be heard only faintly and the complaints of the soldiers are all but drowned out completely.
    Nobody speaks a word to each other, whether it's because of fear, focus or something else is uncertain, but there's too much noise to talk anyway. The entire army is as one. A single collective mind with a single goal ahead of them: Annihilate the planetary army and overturn the current government."

The Caelestis Dominion - A completely separate government who follows closely to totalitarian ideals. A propaganda war machine that controls multiple planets and those that don't follow their ideas are sentenced to forced rehabilitation or charged with treason. A government stained with multiple genocides, whos only mission is to control the entire universe under their one leader Lucas Drach.

hnom123 likes this.
  2. hnom123

hnom123 Wanderer

I have always supported the idea of the existence of a criminal underground inside the Ark. This will help expand the world not only in breadth, but in depth too. And... I just want to have a personal slave! :D

Deimos likes this.
  3. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

We all need personal slaves to do our bidding!!!