1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Work-around: Quest Complete But Did Not Update Due to Lag or Logout

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Kaori, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Kaori

Kaori Inquisitive Golden Founder

With the help of a player in game, I may have found a potential fix to quests that show complete but did not update due to lag or logging out.

This was confirmed twice with the quest “Resurrecting a Dinosaur:”

The player tried to turn in the quest but could not "escape" out of the turn in window, and could not select a reward, so the player logged out. Upon logging back in, the quest had the little orange dot that signifies that a step is complete but the quest did not actually update (it says complete but did not really complete).

Without a way to progress in this quest, the player contacted me for assistance. Without reaching a resolution at first, I suggested that the player either submit a bug report and find other things to do in game for now, or delete the character and start over at level 1.

I am glad that the player did not start over because all they had to do to update the quest was to complete a step in another quest (in both cases, it was Eco Monitoring (taking water samples)) that forced the quest journal to update both quests, and the player also received the rewards for both quests.

2. LogDawg

LogDawg Inquisitive Golden Avalonian

Good to know

3. Ysgarthiad

Ysgarthiad Rookie

This is the exact problem I have, tho I already completed the water sample. You think it will work with other quests?

4. Kaori

That is my hope! Is this exactly what happened to you? Is the quest complete but not actually letting you progress?

What happens if you complete a different quest? Hopefully that updates both quests!

5. Ysgarthiad

Ysgarthiad Rookie

Did another quest, and finally dinosaur Q got completed! :D. ty for this!

6. Kaori

Excellent - thanks for letting us know!

7. 4t0m

4t0m Inquisitive Silver Founder

In the first place why are you creating a problems for yourself trying to log out from the bugged windows? Just press TAB in this situations... multiple times if needed. This will activate mouse cursor mode.

8. Ysgarthiad

Ysgarthiad Rookie

Hi. Tried Tab, didn't work for me. Everything in the quest reward window was unclickable.

9. 4t0m

Hi. Weird, this method never failed before, for me at least. And there were no patches so far that could broke something.

10. Ysgarthiad

Ysgarthiad Rookie

Might have been a 1 time thing. Had some issues even before I turned the quest in. Chat lag, couldn't sprint and way too long loading screen. Oh well, Alpha is Alpha ^^.

11. 4t0m

Yeah, mb. And i heard situation on the US (if you are playing on them) servers is quite complicated... Maybe some unseen bugs manifest themselves.

12. AlphaSilvr

AlphaSilvr Rookie

Glad there was a work around, remember this in chat (or maybe a similar discussion with another player) and it ended up being the suggestions before mentioned (make another character or submit a bug report or both), so is nice to see a good conclusion to that problem.

Yeah, there a lot of weird "little" bugs that pop up here and there and then when they fix never really show again.

13. Ysgarthiad

Ysgarthiad Rookie

New report from me. It seems like this happens to other quests aswell. Playing on my alt I finished a quest when I had to talk with Gore. The quest got bugged and said, Talk to Gore 1/1. So I went to do the Mysterious Event Q, And when I finished it, Gore quest got completed but instead of fixing itstelf, the Mysterious Event Q got bugged instead. So now it says, access the alien data base 1/1.

update: Did some other quests and the bugged one eventually fixed itself

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  14. Kaori

So this is clearly not a solution but a work around then? ;)

15. Ysgarthiad

Ysgarthiad Rookie

I guess so :)