Questions about Founder Packs, Early Access, Final Game

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Clunker, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Clunker

Clunker Rookie Golden Founder

Heard about this game from friends, and reviewed the site+videos.

Interested, I looked at the Founder packs - something I've usually gotten into if I find a game I like.

It seems that this game will be "pay once, play forever" model (which is fine by me).

Question 1:
    Each of the Founder Packs have a certain amount of copies left listed - except the Gold Pack (the one I'm VERY much leaning to). Does this mean there are no more Gold Founder Packs left?

Question 2:
    The Gold Founder Pack has two categories of "crowned" items that they get that are "blank" - listed after the "Access to Test Server" category. Does this mean additional items will be added into the Founder packs later?

Question 3:
    The "Unique Device" item looks like a portable automated turret sentry - is that correct?

Question 4:
    The last note on the Founder Pack page lists the following note:
    "The offer is not a sale of Early Access or a final version of the game."

Just to be clear, while the Founder Packs would give us Alpha/Beta access, it would
    NOT give us access to the final game - ONLY the pre-launch versions?

We would have to purchase the game separately once the game fully launches?

Is that right?

Wouldn't that mean all the Founder things would be lost upon game launch?

Thank you for any answers; myself and a few friends are waiting anxiously.

2. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

Hi!
    Thanks for your attention to our game! :)
    No, it does not, you can get Gold Founder Pack now in any case, but without discount already. All Gold Founders Pack with discount were sold at first time of Crowdfunding. But you can get it now without discount.

I am not sure about these blank items, honestly. Perhaps, some additional but not announced bonuses will be added, but I am not sure for now, sorry.

Yes, It`s correct.

It means that the game is not ready now, not in final version. And of course you will not need to buy it again later if you are a Founder.
    Founders will not lost their Founder things and bonuses in the launch.

3. Clunker

First, thank you for the fast answers - sounds good!

One other bit I've just noted - under "System Requirements" there is a internet connection
    speed suggested between 3 and 100 MB/sec.

How can I test my connection to see if I can maintain this speed range, before I attempt to download and run this game?

4. Vesta

What internet speed do you have now?
    (you can test internet speed at speedtest.net)
    As I know some players can test the game using internet with 1mb/sec, and there are no any lag with such internet Speed.
    But we can`t give the guarantee that every user is able to play from any region of the world with speed of 1MB / s. So, we recommend Internet speed as 100mb/sec for comfortable game.

5. Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus Space engineer Founder

Good to know!

6. GlitchyGirl

GlitchyGirl Inquisitive Golden Founder

Right now I'm house sitting on a god aweful connection, which is about 15 megabits down , or about 2 megs down and about 2000 kbps up and the game runs without any lag. I'm in the US, in Oklahoma if that says anything

7. Clunker

East Nebraska in nowheresville.

[​IMG]

Would this suffice, according to those who've played?
    I have been able to play Firefall just fine - as long as I don't have any other internet stuff running!

8. Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus Space engineer Founder

I'm sure it will work with that.

9. Vesta

I think it will work.)

10. GlitchyGirl

I'll check when I get to my folks place. But yeah, if you can play firefall with that you should be able to play this just fine. That being since firefall also makes use of live streaming which means content ( such as armor coloring and textures) is downloaded on the fly. Whereas the game really doesn't make use of that.

11. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

If this game does do that at some point I hope they offer a supported opion to download it and have it on your local pc Not everyone has the extra bandwith and internet speed to stream textures and other parts of the game. Its not a problem for me but I would hate to see people unable to be apart of the community coase their internet connection can't handle streaming textures. Sure people with internet that slow would have crazy long download times but at least they can still play the game as lag free as possible if they can download content instead of streaming it.

12. GlitchyGirl

Oh no, from what I can see at this time the game doesn't use streaming or on the fly texture and color loading. This is something that was a big thing with firefall though!

That being said, all games though send some updated information due to the nature of the game albeit in smaller chunks. For example this game when you sees another player would send info to your pc about the other person's position, which way they are going, what type of armor parts and weapons they on (so they show up correctly), and that type of information. But what firefall did was would actually create a cache with say, the values for a persons armor color, if a mob was randomly created on the fly it would download that data, level data and so on, any changes that were made in real time (which you can do with FireFall's engine ... I'd been playing FF since early alpha xD)

So that's the difference there, haha!

13. Clunker

Sorry for the 'necro' thread - but I've just bought the gold pack, and attempted to enter the steam code into the proper slot in my account settings page. What I got was "invalid url" - and on further attempts, the slot is no longer available to set the steam key in.

Odd.

14. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

well, but u r shown as gold founder now, so its all ok?

15. Clunker

Interesting - NOW I am. The linking process must take at least an hour from the time that one enters the code.
    Multiple reloads of the page up to an hour after entering the code did NOT show my new founder status.

All is well that ends well.

16. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

well, usually it takes 15 minutes