1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

[QUESTIONS] Regarding No More Character Wipes

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Roxefeller, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Rookie

Hello all, I just recently bought the game for my wife and myself. I'm seeking answers for a few questions:

If there are no more character wipes...

1. How will players be able to customize their existing character(s) physical features when character customization is implemented?

2. ( Two-part Question ) Is weapon point progression endless? / For example: I intend to use Blade + Sniper Rifle. Will it make any difference in the end other than my character having an easier early game experience with the lack of Blades / Sniper Rifles being implemented?

3. ( Two-part Question ) In regards to Character Path Progression, how does one prevent progression down a certain path? For example: I have 2000/9000 Mutant, but I don't even know how I got it. Did a choice I made progress that mutant path? I'm only level 8.

4. I may be misunderstanding... will there be character wipes in the future? Or will the characters we play now be carried into "launch" / full release?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    VAiSiA likes this.
  2. VAiSiA

VAiSiA Rookie

same question

3. AlphaSilvr

AlphaSilvr Rookie

1) No idea yet, but possible they will have something for us.
    2) Again, no idea, but many of us are hoping they will do a Respec item for current players.
    3) Mutant, Human, and Synth are not in the game yet. That 2000/9000 seems to be a placeholder/mistake for now and we will learn more as that system is added.
    4) They have no PLANNED wipes and are doing their best to NOT have to do full character wipes so that we can keep our characters at launch. That would be great, but we also have to accept that there is always the possibility that it may happen.

4. VAiSiA

VAiSiA Rookie

jeez. there only rumors. no concrete info in ANY topics

5. AlphaSilvr

AlphaSilvr Rookie

Well, think about it. This game is in development, so there isn't going to be much in the way of concrete answers as to what is coming. The last game to do that was ripped to shreds and has become synonymous with Lying and False Promises.
    So, no, you won't find much in the way of "Concrete info" just yet.
    Things will come as they come and until then they are either ideas, hopes, or rumors.

6. Epex

Epex Rookie Golden Founder

It's been a while since the start of the character, but I believe at the beginning of the storyline you were infected. I forget how. A quest also had you give a blood and urine sample. Since being thawed you have a mutation so in the future gameplay you can choose to advance the mutation or curtail it with a cure.

7. HardV

HardV Rookie

Well, that's because this is an alpha. We only have the foundation of the game and everything will likely change as our input and dev decisions impact allot of the features over time.

Just take a look at the servers; a week after alpha launch and they already hired a new team (or some expert) to adjust how servers respond to our loads. All because of our input/testing.

Doubtful we'll see anything "concrete" till beta.