1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended Specs?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Dava02, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dava02

Dava02 Rookie Founder

Hi

Just wondered about this as it seems a rather high internet speed. Why is this? Many potential players will not achieve this. I know the min specs are lower but why so high for recommended?

Recommended requiements:

Processor: 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel or AMD
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3
    Video card: GeForce GTX 680 or Radeon R9 280x
    Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Internet connection: 100 MB/sec
    Keyboard, mouse

2. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

I am sorry, where did you find info about recommended Internet connection?

3. Dava02

Dava02 Rookie Founder

4. Vesta

But there are Minimum requirements also:
    Internet connection: 3 MB/sec
    I think it`s any can choose less internet less then 100 mb/sec. It`s just recommended for the best game playing.

5. Dava02

Dava02 Rookie Founder

Yeah aware of the min specs but recommended is what players look at.
    I know this as it was pointed out to me from players from another game. I mentioned this game to them as it looks really promising and I will probably back it come pay day.

But to say they recommend those net speeds to play is way over the top. Unless it needs those speeds? If it does then fair enough, but that will limit your player base. I wonder what the % of the world has those type of speeds? or even just the UK & US

Just something they might want to amend in the future if it's not needed. Don't want to be turning players away.

6. Vesta

We can recommend the internet speed of 100 MB / s for a comfortable game for all. At t this moment, users are playing at 1MB / s without any lag. But we can`t give the guarantee that every user is able to play from any region of the world with speed of 1MB / s.

7. SCosmos

SCosmos Rookie

Is there a new page for the recommended specs for this game? I tried the above link, but I get a 404.

The reason I ask is that I am having trouble playing this game. The first loading screen takes a very long time just to get into the tutorial. Then once in, I can get to the ventilation shaft, but once I try to get through, the game just hangs on me. I get a 100% hard drive access for at least 5 minutes while I watch a loading screen, and I still can't seem to start the next part because my system can't seem to handle the load. I can't move at all because the game just stops. All I get is massive hard drive access. It doesn't seem to be using my CPU at all, though it tries to slowly fill up my entire memory over time, though it seems like it is taking much longer to fill the memory than it should. It shouldn't take 5 minutes to fill up my memory.

Anyway my specs are:
    Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
    Intel i5-3570
    8 GB Memory
    AMD Radeon HD 7770
    Game runs off a standard consumer model WD 5400 rpm hard drive with SATA III interface
    I do have a small 128 Gb SSD drive but that is used to run Windows, I run games from the other drive

I am curious to know what the minimum and recommended specs are for this game. My system clearly can't handle it. I don't have any problem playing TERA though, and that uses the Unreal Engine (and no offense, but TERA looks much better than this game). I am wondering if there is any setting I should be using for my system, I was able to play a bit in the previous patch, but I still found the loading times far too long.

8. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member