Separating The Character Level From The Level Tree

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DeadSkullzJr, Oct 13, 2016.

1. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

I noticed that my pistol tier was a bit low with my current level, I went to try and level it up and encountered something kinda devastating. I am unable to rank up the tiers for the pistol because my character level is to high, which disabled me from leveling my pistol tiers. Could you disable the connection between the character level and the level tree, the character levels boost the stats a bit for the armor but I feel kinda stupid because I leveled my rifle two tiers higher than the pistol instead of at the same time. My current character level is 29, my assault rifle tier is 9 but my pistol tier is 7, I tried killing enemies within tier 7 and I don't earn any points, only thing I can rely on is my assault rifle now. Again please disable the character level from the tree levels. Thank you.
    --- Oct 13, 2016 ---
    Basically make it so it doesn't matter the level allow the players to go back and level that tier weapon, the only thing level should matter for is armor boost and the amount of points that can be earned for the level tree.

2. lightpyro

lightpyro Wanderer Golden Founder

hi M8 look on this .. Skill Tree and i will also say pistol are more harder to lvl up than the rifle.. becouse you must aim correct always.. becouse you only get exp if you hit the target.. if you miss the target no lvl gets to you.. hope this will make you to understand it better :) M8

3. Fac3man

Fac3man Rookie Golden Founder

got the same problem now...lvl 35 and weapons are to low..lvl in lower areas like 28 still gives xp for lvl the character but i dont get any weapon points or armor points...to lvl in lvl35 areas is impossible cause weapon dmg i´s to low...right now its makes no sense to lvl up the character cause its getting even worse...

4. lightpyro

lightpyro Wanderer Golden Founder

hi you must put more points on the weapon and the armor you must be carefull to putt too much ability points.. to test that out mate try to take of some armor on the enemy. but i will see if get the same when i get to the same lvl also. im lvl 25 now and have no problems.

But other thing can be there is no armor higher than 10.. so you might have maxed out what you can get from that armor 10..
    so you need higher armor .. and if into middle says you have exemple 75/75 then you cannot get more until you have use it or have lvl up your char.. but i will come back later when i got to the same lvl then i will answer better how to fix that problem

5. Fac3man

Fac3man Rookie Golden Founder

Nah.. There is higher armor, up to 13..but u know how many points u have to spent.. Insane.. 25 is not a big deal but 35 with pistol is.. Armor levels to slow , weapons is OK but Charakter lvl to fast.. Also no chance to lvl both weapons..

6. NexAngelus

NexAngelus Rookie

from reading that it just sounds like u dont understand how the system works. u dont need to worry about ur level. u can use ur rifle to level ur pistol. when u are happy with the level of ur pistol u can then use ur pistol to kill things. u only need to use the pistol to gain pistol sub skill points. and u should always be killing things like normal anyway. what u want is to go back to say a lvl 4 mob with a say lvl 7 pistol and gain xp. they explained they dont intend on that to work. but since u can gain xp with the rifle and transfer it over to the pistol u are not stuck and can bring ur pistol up to where it can kill the mobs u need to if that is the issue anyway. that is the price u pay for changing style of combat. nothing wrong with it but there is a time sink involved. if u take away restrictions anyone could do anything anytime anywhere.

Bacterial likes this.
  7. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

The character level does matter, it's the reason we can't fight anything lower than our level cap, the way this works is like this, you can kill anything three levels under or three levels over your character level to earn points, if you exceed over that level range and you are still in the same tier below that character level gap, you get screwed, someone could grind an enemy without realizing they aren't earning points, and gain like six or more character levels, they will realize later that they cannot kill any higher leveled mobs because they grinded over the tier limit for both weapons, thus causing the player becoming stuck, deletion is the only solution and restarting.

8. NexAngelus

NexAngelus Rookie

well they said there will be a way to change ur main weapon skills around so if u need to u could make any skill u needed ur main skill if u had a change of heart. in these games changes of heart is not suppose to be done by the hour. its suppose to come at a price. and u are wrong with the grinding. on steam they havea guide on skill grinding. above level is open as long as u can kill it. below is 4. now maybe what needs to happen is a scale. say at 40 it needs to be 10 for example. just as an example. but other games have done this where higher level players are given more leyway on what they can do. the point though is that they make it challenging for u to get sub skills and u cant just grind them mindlessly like some southpark episode what was it lvl 100 on lvl 1 boars.... lol. and u cant get stuck between the assult rifle feeding into main points u can assign into ur pistol to level it and or reseting the main points u could use a max level new weapon of ur choice at any time or in a short period of time. its simply called planning. most ppl are already planning on what two weapons they want to run around with in this game. where is the issue? the real issue is that we should have access to all them at level one so we can try them all and make a choice very early on. thats the real thing u should be complaining about. when we can all be what ever we want, there has to be restrictions or the game is no fun. its like everyone is cheating, everyone has everything.

9. Proslacker

Proslacker Rookie

If we can't have more than one weapon skill leveled up, what's the point of having an open skill tree? I like having options. I want to be able to increase my characters skill in pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles, and more. And if I don't like a weapon like shotgun, I'd like to ignore it. Sure, shotguns are great in some situations, but if I'm not into then I'd like to leave it alone. I hope the developers let us have these options. I'm willing to put the effort into leveling multiple weapons.

If over-leveling is a problem, can we adjust our exp? Can we devote our exp into faster weapon or armor skills instead? Everquest kinda did that with aaxp.

10. IzznO

IzznO Rookie

Is that not what alt toons is for?

11. Proslacker

Proslacker Rookie

I don't think it's the intention of the developers to severely limit skill progression. Like I said, it's an open skill tree. If we're supposed to choose one skill and ignore the rest, they would have made a class system of some kind. On the other hand, you're right about having alt characters. I'm not sure what direction neuron is going to go with this.