1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

So you are starting a new game but you can't update this 1 whit in 5 month? try to explain that ?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Xerano, May 18, 2016.

1. Xerano

Xerano Rookie Founder

the title says enough, been waiting way to long for some change, and then you kickstart a other game.
    Thats like saying you have been busy whit something else.
    is this game going somewhere or can i put it out of my bucket list. maybe get a refound for supporting a game that wont get any love any more ?
    Its just a bit sad.

2. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg Rookie Founder

I have to agree with OP.
    This is just ridiculous to me.
    We are waiting for the actual steam relesase of PGenom and you give us another kickstarter campaign?
    I mean when PGenom would be somewhat playable and on the way.
    But it is nowhere to be playable.
    You just thrown epic video cutscenes at us with PGenom.
    And now it seems you do the same with vigor.
    Where are all these games ?

QUOTE FROM KICKSTARTER:

"We need to raise $ 25,000 to expand our team of experienced professionals. The project is already close to the early alpha testing phase, but to speed up the development process, we need additional talented employees. Without your help, the project could simply be frozen for an indefinite period of time, due to the fact that the Neuronhaze studio simultaneously creates another large-scale online game. It is this Kickstarter campaign that allows our studio to create both projects simultaneously, independently of each other."

25k for what? An entire team? That is just unbelievable to me tbh. Please, stick to PGenom and make that a success.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  3. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

Vigor Roads is independent from Project Genom game were developed new developers team, that added to NeuronHaze company recently.

This project does not connect with Project Genom absolutely. The core team continues working on Project Genom Update.

kristakis, MolliMayhem and tsopov86 like this.
  4. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

guys, guys, VigorRoads is separate project with separate team, and that team became PART of Neuronhaze recently, $25k is needed for VigorRoads to be alive, not for ProjectGenom

PG is on its way to next update, only few bugs to fix, trust me
    there is a FAQ with all these questions answered by Community Manager, I just not managed to translate it in time, my bad, sorry, I’ll try to post it ASAP

kristakis, MolliMayhem and Vesta like this.
  5. VanValdenburg

It is just unbelievable to me that 25k should bring you in the position to develope another game.

You not just start a second dev team with a company that just started making games. And then again ask for money.
    I really don't know what's in your guys minds but i already lost hope in Neuronhaze. All you have atm is two really nice game trailers where the features shown are nowhere playable.

I thought this really small indie dev team is worth funding but it seems they go money road instead of making one good product.
    --- May 18, 2016 ---
    It is not your job man.
    They started a english campaign and they should also maintain this themselfes.

6. Bacterial

just wait PG’ next patch and see the progress yourself

MolliMayhem likes this.
  7. VanValdenburg

I hope man just don`t get the attitute making a second game instead of concentrating on the current. Like said they are no big company and struggle with completing first one so why making second?

8. Bacterial

its all in the FAQ man, devs that working on VR is just a recent addition to Neuronhaze, not a single dev from ProjectGenom team is working on VR

9. VanValdenburg

I get it man, we all get it we are not stupid you know ;)

But why making a second game? Why not adding staff to PGenom and develope it faster and better?

10. Bacterial

those were separate lil’ team working on VR «embryo» and for reasons they couldn't continue without external help and so they asked Neuronhaze if they can join the studio and continue working and start Kickstarter and Greenlight companies

and after full analysis of that «embryo» and that team Neuronhaze decided to say «Yes»

h2chu, kristakis and MolliMayhem like this.
  11. cakensworth

cakensworth Rookie

The assets of both games look very similar... It doesn't seem very believable that the two projects were developed entirely independently, yet share so many similarities with the explanation being that they are joining your studio for monetary support or exposure when you already have so little yourselves. Furthermore, the business acumen of associating yourselves with another MMO when this one is in such an early stage is questionable.

VanValdenburg likes this.
  12. VanValdenburg

Exactly, i do not care about any talk about how the game got developed. It just tastes very bitter no matter what.

13. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

PG is NOT asking for your money, they are simply reporting that Neuronhaze has another game developer under their umbrella. It has nothing to do with Project Genom. If you like the new game, support it, if not, ignore it. It is information only.

Mortis and kristakis like this.
  14. VanValdenburg

So neuronhaze is a publisher now or what?

15. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

Maybe they are working on becoming their own publisher. It can be done. Publishers generally screw up the games they "take over" .

16. ObsoleteVodka

ObsoleteVodka Inquisitive

Whoa, Logged in after a week or so and what i find? A new Kickstarter campaign for yet another game when the first one isn't even out of Alpha. :confused:

Alright, i get that they're a different, separate team and you guys just want to support them, but still i can't help but feel worried.

I, as many of the western PG community members came here from a game wich failed (and keeps failing) because of years of multiple changes of plans and direction and sudden 're-structuration'.

Please keep in mind we came here in hopes of a truly focused development process free of that kind of things.

This is your company, this is your game. You can do whatever you want to do, but please make sure you guys make the right decisions.

Take it as a friendly reminder of someone who witnessed years of development hell of a product wich back in its time had as much potential as PG has currently.

17. Bacterial

EntropyRising likes this.
  18. Ephidel

Ephidel Inquisitive Founder

So, basically.
    These guys asked to be under the name of the PG dev team? Like a merge (without moving devs/assets/money)? What exactly is the gain for them?

19. Bacterial

idk if there is any in terms of «gain», but this is it, right you are
    like they don’t even have any company, they are just few guys with passion and ideas, and after some events they don’t have enough money to continue working on their dream, so they asked Neuronhaze about help

MolliMayhem likes this.
  20. grisidlis

grisidlis Captain Golden Founder

I'm Sorry, but I'm not going to donate money to another game because they saw how PG was getting attention. If PG they cant even update one game in time why in the world would I drop money for another one? They are like a some milking off the government on welfare check and try to get job and ask for me because they say they potential to make something better. How about release an update first for PG than we will see about helping another company with their game.
    --- May 21, 2016 ---
    Oh! by the way I came back from 28 day mission and was hoping the big update I was hearing about would be release. To my disappointment there was none. Now they want to us to help another game? I beginning to think I made another mistake putting money in game that wasn't even finish. I hope doesn't end up like FF.