1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Support broken

Discussion in 'Site & Forum Bugs' started by Scraggles, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Scraggles

Scraggles Rookie

Was trying to get into the lost desert and had alt tabbed to the game guide, then found I was stuck in loading and so had to open a ticket to get help, silly me, even though I had successfully completed the captcha, I had in fact failed to complete it and am unable to get help :(

Added 3 files, suspect people can work them out.

Would like to play the game and get the vehicle as am lvl 25, but because the missions are confusing, have found the guides help a lot
    --- Nov 17, 2016 ---
    Had food, rebooted and logged into the game.

Character screen was ok, flashed into just outside the ark for a fraction of a second and back into the loading screen where is stuck and since the "support" is broken, am unable to play the game :(

Attached Files:

2. Corinthian

Corinthian Rookie Golden Avalonian

I'm in the same boat Scraggles, can get to character screen today but after that it's the dreaded infinite load screen.
    I have tried changing regions and tried to create a new toon. Same problem.
    I have a ticket being investigated by support (who I must say are very responsive).

Cor

3. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

You can submit a ticket directly to the staff here. Just click support tickets up at the top, beside forums.

Corinthian likes this.
  4. vincor

vincor Rookie

same here. Infinite loading screen goes for me when i walk into another zone in slider's cave.
    First loading screen sent me to the ark's main gate and after that, another loading screen kicks in and bam, loading screen forever.
    Apparently, no support. Doesn't make a god damn difference buying a bronze and silver dlc on steam.
    The support you get is just same. This is basically a rippoff.
    I'm waiting for a support and still nothing came, i'll file a refund on this one.
    This game has one of the worst support ever to be seen. I've played worse games before but even the worse game i had never had no immediate GM support in game. How can a game designed in such a broken manner still be sold with "premium" dlc such as silver and gold in Steam.

5. Deimos

I wish I could help, aside from submitting a support ticket on this site, there isn't anything I can do. You could try left clicking or alt+tab, this fixes long loading screens for me.

6. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

The "Infinite Loading Screen" has been plaguing some people in the last couple of weeks.
    The only sure-fire way to get it resolved is to submit a Support Ticket, here.
    However, a couple of other things have helped for some of the people experiencing the problem, so I would suggest trying these before creating a ticket, to avoid confusion:
    1. Alt + Tab out of Project Genom, but leave it running in the background. Wait for a few minutes (up to 5 minutes, I would say) and it can sometimes load quicker that way.
    2. Exit to desktop from within the game, then go to Task Manager and kill the Steam.exe process. Reload Steam from the desktop icon, and load the game again, then choose the character having the problem.
    3. Put Steam into Offline Mode (in the Steam client, click the "Steam" menu item in the top left, then click "Go Offline...". Steam will ask you to confirm that you want to close the client and restart, so click the "Close Steam and Restart in Offline Mode" button. When Steam restarts, repeat the process to put Steam back into Online Mode. After the restart, load the game and choose your character.
    4. The traditional IT favourite... reboot the computer :) (the problem is almost certainly not with the local PG files, but I have seen a reboot work often enough under circumstances where I think it should not, that I include it in the "if all else fails, then before writing the Support Ticket, try this" category).
    If none of those 4 options work, then a Support Ticket is the only remaining option I can think of at this point.

7. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

Just curious, where did you find information that determines the time for support to response?
    The only thing indicated is the premium support for Gold Dlc / founder packs.
    It's a bit strange to measure time just in the perception of your own.
    None of the players here never been left without devs' support, you won't be left either. ;)
    Patience is a virtue (especially knowing it's "Alpha")

8. vincor

vincor Rookie

Please stop reminding me about this being an alpha game. If this is an alpha, why is it having a price tag.
    Do you sell trial medicine to customers and explain to them it's alright ?
    And when they came to you with problem the only reason you give is that as long as they don't die and is in one piece, it's reasonable to consume these trial medicine ?
    --- Nov 18, 2016 ---
    Take note though, when there's a bill charge to someone's wallet, you'll expect complaints crush upon you when there's downtime.
    I don't really complaint much about the poor alignment of my char running off chart and bumping into non existing obstacles ,the heavy latency on this game or the shabby work done when executing the game. Or there are incoming flashy updates that were light years away from implementing. But i do expect no blackholed characters that stuck me from playing for half a day to a whole day.
    This is a very major serious flaw that must be solved at the very basic requirement of a game. Especially it's billing players to play it.

9. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

It has a price tag because there are no publishers/sponsors and dev team need to get money to develop the game somewhere.
    Its up to you to fund or not fund them. You decided to fund? Great, many thanks for your donation. Now please wait while they are working 24/7 to fix old netcode and some database structures. Then they will playtest it on community, probably fix some more bugs, and start to add some actual content and improving UI. But only when tech part be ready and stable.

AlDracul likes this.
  10. vincor

vincor Rookie

Like i said again. Any of those bugs other than a blackholed char or server swallowing up char mysteriously is reasonable fine for me. If the blackhole issue could not be resolve and were to be carried forward like nothing happens, i'm sorry to say my patience is limited on this one. I'll immediately request a refund from steam without looking back. The players or big fans who loved project genome can continue to post more positive comments on the game. But expect this, i'll not be the only one coming in here with an angry comment. The community can continue to barricade these negative comment with positives one and believe me, these game will eventually falls apart. You've close knit community that's dedicated to protect the game reputation but there'll be lesser and lesser players because of this silly blackhole issue. Could keep trying to convince players that it's alpha and see where it'll takes.

11. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

This blackhole issue will be resolved eventually, though I can’t post any ETA, because if we break it there will be a ton more angry comments. Devs are trying their best to finish netcode rework ASAP. its a major reason that prevents further development/deployment of content now, and also the one behind the blackhole issue as you call it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Laughing Grass likes this.
  12. Deimos

Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. Everything takes time and patience. I'm sure the developers will post something soon and update the community.

Stolpskott and Bacterial like this.
  13. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

Bacterial posted yesterday, in his new primary thread for keeping the community in the loop with the development process.
    To summarise, it was an acknowledgement/apology for a lack of regular dev-related updates, a commitment to try and improve on that area, and to officially inform us that the devs are working hard to address the issues underlying many of the in-game issues, including this one.
    But because the devs are not willing to wager their souls or first-born children to commit to a specific release date, he cannot give us a specific date without it being a guess.
    Yes, we want the update asap or sooner, so that problems like this will be resolved. Until then, we need Patience, Solitaire, Freecell... oh wait, this issue usually doesn't affect all characters, so we can still play PG on other toons, too ;)

14. Deimos

I never mentioned specifics, I only recommended that they do a weekly blog. That will be a surefire way to keep the developers involved with the community.

15. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

I do like the idea of a weekly Dev blog, and as I understand it there is something similar posted on the RU forums... maybe not quite formal enough to be a regular Dev Blog, but still.
    Getting that translated that into English and posting it here, and to harrass/chase the Devs/Designers if they do not produce anything on time is a bit above my pay-grade though :)

16. vincor

vincor Rookie

The longer the development team tries to drag this issue, the more eruptive comments will eventually broke loose.
    Right now, players who play the game have tendency to drop into the loading screen loop.
    Players who don't work or have all day to wait could stay put and perhaps fire up another game while waiting for the dev to clean up the mess. Unfortunately for players who worked and had only 3-4hrs game time before sleep , try to imagine that.
    If this problem only lasted for a week, i would say noone gives a damn about it.
    Let's say if this problem is eventually solved after 3 - 6mths later, try to imagine player's built up frustration having to digest these experiences. Yes, only nutured male or spayed female have incredible tolerance capacity to kept their frustration aside. Being without a particular hormone on any sides, it's like smoking weeds everyday. Even you receive a slap from someone, you feels happy.

17. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

@vincor I would need to borrow the crystal ball you are using to see that the update for this issue will come in the net 3-6 months. I would like to check the lottery numbers in advance, to see when I should buy a ticket to maximize my winnings!
    But seriously, everyone in this conversation can understand your frustrations - we do not share them in the same way, because we are either not having the same problem or we are not as badly impacted by it. I dare say that if we were completely unable to play the game as you seem to be, we would also be immensely frustrated.

18. Scraggles

Scraggles Rookie

submitted a ticket, no captcha popped up and so is ok, not sure of the need for captcha in support as when it does not work..

Simply did a reboot and left it loading whilst I went to make food and then ate food and it was still loading and so went to steam library to get another game and it worked first time, then another and it worked first time

19. Deimos

Good to see you fixed the issue.

20. vincor

vincor Rookie

I do not have the crystal ball you seek and neither do you need one to predict the outcome. The game has been in alpha stage since 2015. The moderator can't seems to give an exact time on when will the problem be resolved. What he says is "eventually" . This has a strong hint that this is not going to be anything within a few weeks to be resolved. It could take months. What the dev could do is continuously showing their colorful ideas and dodge the main problem until they figure out a way.

Just to update again. My char is officially stucked again. First time i tried to zone into silder's cave , it did not went through and the server kicked me off the cave to prevent me from getting stucked in the cave. The 2nd time was not so lucky. The infinity loading screen got me again. I'm officially blackholed and swallowed up by the server again.

One hell of an experience. I'm dumbfounded and shocked on how crappy the server could blackholed characters when zoning.