Tabula Rasa Style Control Points

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cavadus, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Cavadus

Cavadus Inquisitive Silver Founder

Literally all I want in this game are Tabula Rasa style control points.

What are these control points? They were basically public events on timers which took place at military outposts.

Every hour or so these bases would be attacked by multiple waves of progressively more difficult and numerous AI.

The bases could be captured and owned by either players or the AI. If players captured and owned the base special vendors would pop, unique missions, et cetera.

If the AI controlled it then there would be a bunch of defenders with a boss mob inside and a few points around the base which needed to be captured. Each point being captured would trigger some type of response from the AI. Once all the points were down and the main control terminal could was open then a boss mob and a big wave enemies would spawn.

They were insanely fun and very repeatable content. Here are two videos, one of attack and one of defense:

2. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

This would be awesome, but you must question, does it fit in with the devs story and lore.

Sabre likes this.
  3. Aberdil

Aberdil Rookie

Damn I loved that game, the game shutdown event was the best way ever to end it too. I second this suggestion!

4. lightpyro

lightpyro Wanderer Golden Founder

that is not fit for the game not on this one.. but its nice idea.. but new player as you are i will say if you have just started to play this do play this a while. me and many others have play this in 1 year now and we like it as it is.. but the game are not finish yet..
    and many thing can happen.. and be added.. and idea must fit for this game and dont compare this to other games

Sabre likes this.
  5. Cavadus

Cavadus Inquisitive Silver Founder

Yeah, I've been a backer since the very first kick starter (been here longer than you, lightpyro). I fail to see how it wouldn't work with the storyline.

All you need are outposts and an NPC faction interested in attacking them. How does that not fit with the game?

You're basically arguing against public events.

6. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

I dont believe that he is arguing agains public events, more he is stating that this game needs its own mechanics, and to not tack on ideas ripped from other games. I personally like the idea, though I would rather it come from the mind of the devs in a way that fits seamlessy into their world.

Sabre likes this.