1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Tap Shift To Sprint

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DeadSkullzJr, Oct 25, 2016.

1. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

My suggestion is plain and simple for this, make it so we can sprint by tapping the Shift key instead of holding it. The reason for this is because holding the key down kinda hurts the finger a bit. Tapping would make it easier for people to get around without issues.

Dinariok likes this.
  2. LogDawg

LogDawg Inquisitive Golden Avalonian

I think toggle sprint would be a good idea

3. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

I totally agree with your suggestion. I vote for tapping instead of holding!

4. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive Golden Founder

Just to be awkward, contrary and Devil's advocate... I vote to keep Shift as a "hold to Sprint" key. But before people start gathering wood for the fire to roast this Heretic, I do think there should be a Sprint toggle key somewhere.... I got used to having Num Lock for that in several other games.

5. Spagex

Spagex Rookie Silver Avalonian

This suggestion sounds good to me. I am used to the toggle sprint because of games such as defiance.
    --- Nov 16, 2016 ---
    Btw, for anyone that wants to toggle sprint, just start sprinting and then immediately press M. This way your character will keep sprinting until you bring down the map again. Of course, you will have to close the map whenever there is a turn or if you are going through a zone of armed enemies since you will often have to defend yourself to avoid death. I often do this if I have to run over longer distances or when my little finger starts feeling sore.

You can also use /unstuck to get around, but I guess that could be seen as abusing game mechanics.

6. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

I am for this as well. I feel this would allow for smoother gameplay, as my finger is no longer tied up.