• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Tell me about the pet system.

I'm a pet fanatic. Complex, with both random and player controlled aspects is the best. What I have seen on the steam videos has me in a frazzle and when I read about the game having pets...

Tell me everything, the wiki has nothing.

Pets are not in the game yet unless you count Marie's Spotty Turtle* who keeps wandering off to the beach, so there is currently nothing to say on the subject other than "Coming in a later release".

* The spotty turtle is not a controllable pet, it is a quest item that you need to find. But it is still a pet.

It's an older game, but still active. The pets are robust and solid fighters with normal classes. On the 3 pet classes, 1 for each race, they are monsterous.

*sigh* Sucks to be poor. The 20$ I plan to pay will hopefully not dig too deep into my wallet, otherwise I'll have to say 10$ and wait till next month.

Given that Rappelz markets itself as having "The world's most intense pet system" - possibly a bit of hyperbole, but still the pet system is front and center in their user experience proposition - I doubt the pet system in Project Genom will be as advanced or as involved, purely because it is not as high a priority for Neuron Haze as the pet system was for nFlavor/Gala Lab/Webzen when developing Rappelz.

Not really hyperbole. I've looked for another pet system at least close to theirs for depth but no luck. They lost my account, and everything in it, during the latest merge so I'm dissatisfied with the new company. Otherwise I would still be playing it.

That's what devs replied to one of the questions about pets in the Russian section of the forum:

Q: Will it be possible to get a bear pet in Russian hat? Will there be pets-collectors who perform loot hunting instead of me?

A: Probably the bear will be added as an event item or easter egg. Pet-collectors will be implemented. More specifically, there will be abilities to collect and then you’ll be able to teach your pet.

Hope this satisfy your curiosity a bit ;)

I think an intelligent system for sidekicks/pets would range across the menial habitual creature to advanced training concerning something like a hound raising to a level lateral to an attack dog; furthermore the pet system could advance into specialty where you train an animal by applying their xp toward specialty skills like detecting explosives or narcotics. The devs could easily construct an advanced pet/sidekick leveling system utilizing the already existing system for player characters; they need only derive and specialize the pc leveling/xp tracking system for the pet range of characters. Using Booleans allowing or denying a category in accordance with said pets qualifications simplifies the systems configuration and runtime somewhat easily.

Example: a pet digger might not be able to effectively sniff out narcotics or bombs where a hound could possibly do both easily after marginal training. In this case the bomb sniffer Boolean for the digger is set to false because it is not qualified while the same is set to true for the hound. The really nice thing about the system PG uses is that the way it's designed - it's easy to see the logic in its construct and properly developed becomes a major part of the game's brand. The evidence is behind the fact that the XP/progression system is incredibly advanced, but very easily utilized and runs solid - modular design! Thumbs way the hell up!

PG got me stoked - I need to take a break before I pop a vein! LOL

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
I think an intelligent system for sidekicks/pets would range across the menial habitual creature to advanced training concerning something like a hound raising to a level lateral to an attack dog; furthermore the pet system could advance into specialty where you train an animal by applying their xp toward specialty skills like detecting explosives or narcotics. The devs could easily construct an advanced pet/sidekick leveling system utilizing the already existing system for player characters; they need only derive and specialize the pc leveling/xp tracking system for the pet range of characters. Using Booleans allowing or denying a category in accordance with said pets qualifications simplifies the systems configuration and runtime somewhat easily.

Example: a pet digger might not be able to effectively sniff out narcotics or bombs where a hound could possibly do both easily after marginal training. In this case the bomb sniffer Boolean for the digger is set to false because it is not qualified while the same is set to true for the hound. The really nice thing about the system PG uses is that the way it's designed - it's easy to see the logic in its construct and properly developed becomes a major part of the game's brand. The evidence is behind the fact that the XP/progression system is incredibly advanced, but very easily utilized and runs solid - modular design! Thumbs way the hell up!

PG got me stoked - I need to take a break before I pop a vein! LOL
Keep in mind how much that would put on the server, knowing that people will have or use many different pets, giving pets certain abilities or some form of level growth would force people to wonder which pet is the best. The developers I am sure want to make it so people are unique and use multiple varieties of pets rather than one specific pet with specific stats and or abilities.

caino666

Raider
Gold Avalon
I just hope the pet system is close to as good as the one in Rappelz.
I am so happy that someone else has played rappelz.

169 Slayer Undine server here of the same name, hello! Sadly I never had the patience to grind all the way to 170, but I still got el21 dirks from grinding, so that count for something I guess :p

Given that Rappelz markets itself as having "The world's most intense pet system" - possibly a bit of hyperbole, but still the pet system is front and center in their user experience proposition - I doubt the pet system in Project Genom will be as advanced or as involved, purely because it is not as high a priority for Neuron Haze as the pet system was for nFlavor/Gala Lab/Webzen when developing Rappelz.
Rappelz's pet system was not a high priority during the creation of Rappelz, they focused more on player based skills and item diversity. Even now, the pet system is not highly advanced.

You can hold 3 creatures in formation, or 5 in formation as a Beast Master, Master Breeder or Overlord. You can also hold an extra 1 creature in formation with a Grand Hero Hector's belt card. These creatures can then be summoned from formation.

Regular people can have 1 pet out, and 1 decorative pet (which collects loot within 10 to 15 to 20 meters), and a second pet for 10 seconds. Pet classes (BM, MB, OL) can have 2 pets out with the "Summon Mastery" toggle skill. These pets are summoned from the formation.

Old school pets have their own types of skills, and newer soul pets have a selection of random skills based on the class the pet is tamed as (melee, tank, ranged, healer, mage).

Pets also have a belt skill, which boosts 1 or 2 stats up to a maximum of 30% plus 1% for each duplicate of that card type on your belt. Your belt can hold 1 card up to 4 cards, if you use Belt Upgrade Kits, or 5 to 6, if you use 1 or 2 Ultimate BUKs on it after that.

Different pets are different tiers, from T1 to T6, T1 is extremely weak and T6 is extremely strong. T1 are also a lot easier to tame, around 50% base, whereas T6 is around 1% base tame rate.

A pet is tamed by unlocking (from your skill tree) and using the "Creature Taming" skill on it, or using a creature taming scroll, and having an empty card able to hold that creature inside it. The card required is displayed on the creature's info box when you target it. This card is destroyed if the taming attempt fails and you do not have a T Protect Mirror.

The taming skill can be boosted by equipping yourself with a "Creature Taming" skill card enhancing the skill by 1 to 10 levels , or by leveling the skill up with equipment and buffs which level up skills.
(Base Masterclass level of the CT skill is 10 [Masterclass is the name of every level 150 class: the final class in your class tree, eg. Stepper>Strider>Assassin>Slayer or Stepper>Strider>Shadow Hunter>Deadeye])

And there you have it 7 sentences / pairs of sentences summarize every major point about Rappelz's pet system. Getting strong in Rappelz is all about your ability to turn a profit doing deals, since grinding is impossible without already being able to farm places.

Last edited:
Yea that pretty much sums it up nicely. Too bad when I tried playing it again the protect program caused most of my services to crash. x..x Couldn't fix it either.

Top Bottom