The armor does not really make sense or feels tough

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Grimwolf512, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Grimwolf512

Grimwolf512 Rookie

Been playing now for a few days and while I like the system and stuff I feel like a cardboard cut out on many levels even though I up my armor and armor gear as much as I can. It just feels like I am just adding more cloth armor when I should be a bit tougher.

Now I am still new so I am just pointing this out as a new player. But when you are kiting mobs that should be your level because you cant get hit to much it feels kinda bad.

I have been trying to get the most Assault gear armor to be a tanky character.

Just my thoughts.

2. Choptimist

Choptimist Wanderer Founder

Armor specific things and linked towards to it abilities haven't implemented yet, but as far as i know, there's a several points so far:

- assault one is the tankiest one, but it will be extremely slow due of it's weight and bunch of other things;
    - Commando/sabotage (medium) - might be balanced between defensive ability and mobility;
    - tacticol armor (light) - imo, that one would fir snipers, long-range finders, recon and such.

Sabre likes this.
  3. NexAngelus

NexAngelus Rookie

i can tell u that i am PURE tactical. i tried to put on some rare assult lvl 3 the other day to replace some grey 1 tacticals. i was 2 or 3 pieces. the stats on the armor were drastic compared. when i switched them out my stats when DOWN!!! ur armor perks weigh so much that u HAVE to stay a pure armor. and armor durability is what makes u the cardboard u speak of. snatch that then sheilding then last health. u will be golden my friend. regardless of what u get just stay pure one type of armor.

Sabre likes this.
  4. Sylordis

Sylordis Rookie

Well... yeah, that's called specialization. But nothing prevents you from upping a new armor with all the perks, but it'll take time, then you'll enjoy the full perked armor again. Nothing that I find not normal. It would like training yourself for parkour, and then they give you a car and you expect to be able to do the same with the car. No, you need training ^^

Joermungandr likes this.
  5. Cavadus

Cavadus Inquisitive Silver Founder

I think tactical is the DPS armor and commando is the stealth armor.

6. Choptimist

Choptimist Wanderer Founder

Anyway, it's gonna take some time until the very moment when we will see all those things. :)

7. Beku

Beku Rookie

I've been going all assault, mostly level 8 rare stuff. And I feel pretty buff against most mobs i'm fighting.

If I run into higher level mobs I get mowed in 2 hits.

I think it's about what I would expect. Especially with the skill tree bonuses by armor type.