1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

The Meta

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Vedrisca, Jul 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Vedrisca

Vedrisca Rookie

I apologize in advance if what I will ask will sound a bit pushy for you developers, but...

...how would you developers like to develop the end-game content? Is it varied in terms of the expertise you have in each field of technology (i.e. the end-game bioengineer has an army of super-mutated Genoms while the end-game commander owns an entire space fleet), or are all the technologies in this world connected and leading into one another? Is any one path of technology more advanced than the other?

Also, is there pacing so that early-game and mid-game content is just as fun and enticing as the old? Are there even rigid "levels" of advancement in technologies, so to speak like "be level X to do Y", or is it more along the lines of : "as long as you can build X and have the right stuff, you can continue onto Y and skip ABC altogether"?

I ask these questions because for me, end-game content has been a really big thing. I've played several online multiplayer games where sometimes the developers expand hugely on end-game content while leaving the early-mid game content very dry, or on other times there is no viable, decent end-game content once the players have done the easier "levelling", or acquisition of staple resources. I'm very curious to see how the game will turn out if it is based on primarily technological advances.

2. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

I would like to remind that our game is as mmo and the word (game) will be evolved constantly, so it`s strange for me to hear about end-game content in our case, I am sorry.

3. Vedrisca

Vedrisca Rookie

It's fine! I think my questions were too far ahead of the progress to make any sense :roll:

Let me rephrase it : success in this game depends on whatever the player wants to do, right? So for some players, success is in like having things like a fleet of spaceships or territory, while for others is getting the biggest Genom kills and hunts, right?

4. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

Yes, all right. :) We`ll allow players with different interests to play comfortably and to develop in that directions they are interested. It is not forcing them to deal with not interested activities.