• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

The "Unmentionable" Game Corner

Fryepod

Inquisitive
I figured with the influx of players taking interest and coming over from FF, that'd I'd make a thread in which many old vets and friends can easily reunite, talk about their ambitions here and PG and keep up-to-date with eachother for those of us who have fully left the unsaid game ;D

- Fryepod, Barcode.

MolliMayhem

Resident Of Avalon
Bronze Founder
Hey, anyone who's already playing PGenom...how is the combat system shaping up? I think that is the one thing that will make or break it for me...does it have (or will it have) FPS combat mechanics? I just can't stand "regular" MMO ability bar click crap stuff.

Fryepod

Inquisitive
Well, much of the core combat mechanics havent been implemented yet. As far as I've saw there isn't plans for FPS yet. Its hard to tell at the moment. Currently there is not that generic 1-8 generic equip/slot bar. Right now the most i can tell you is the game is an "blank slate" state, much like when FF literally only had thumping. Combat wise you're just fighting against static bugs and reapers at static spawn points.

Outside that, adventure side its already heading in the direction I like. Picking up as many quests as you like, going back and forth between NPCs with Intel and items found around the ark/world. Some of which may lay in your inventory and you may jusy come across the right quest and say "hey thats what I needed that for".

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
the plan is only «main» quests will have map markers afaik
so player will be able to go out in the field and find something (NPC or item or who knows what else) that could start side quest and then they must investigate what to do - no map markers or many clues for side quests

Fitauner SP

Inquisitive
No ability bar and no point and click. Third person, crosshair in the middle of the screen, diferent damage types from different weapons.

Lots of skills, but right now no idea what are they for. You gain XP points for your weapon skill using said weapon.

That's all I have tried and saw til now.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
from chat now:
BAGAMUT said:
@Jeksven, нет силы. нет ловкости и интеллекта. Всё стало куда интереснее :sneaky:
no «force», «agility» or «intelligence», all became much more interesting

OnyxWolf

Inquisitive
Great idea Fryepod, Thanks for making this thread really glad we have a place to keep in touch with each other and to have so many of us here.
I'm looking foreword to see this game progress as well as purchasing a founders pack. Even more so with so many of us here :)

P.S. I'm a FF vet previously known as SqueekinOrka.

Chanticrow

Resident Of Avalon
Silver Founder
Chipping in here to join the FF crowd. I was fairly quiet on the FF forums except for the addon area, but I recognize most of your handles. I hope to get to play with more of you this time around since I mostly lone-wolfed through FF.

SneakySnail

Inquisitive
Im sort of here. Waiting for updates and checking on every couple weeks. Kinda meh on the whole early access though, thought the game was much further along when i bought it.

Top Bottom