• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

The voice acting is a computer

Is this just placeholder? At first I couldn't tell but as I heard more and more voice lines I realized I was listening to a robot voice just with a russian accent. Voice acting takes a ton of work and costs alot of money.

Just wondering if its placeholder for better voice work or will be the main system?

Either way its fine

Vesta

Staff member
Voice acting is not a computer now.
The real people helped us to get English Vioice.
We understand all our problems and the main is that we have not money now for profeccional actor voices without acсent.
We will work with it in a futute to get better voice as soon as we have opportunity.

Is it possible that you could find voice actors within your founder's group? Cheaper and you would have a large number of voices to work from.

Epex

Inquisitive
uhm....I dunno....I've come to like it. Well the female voice over....not heard the male one.

Genobee

Inquisitive
It doesn't sound THAT bad. C'mon now. If anything it just sounds like the guy has never really done voice acting work before. There is nothing wrong with that given the games early development state. If anything I find it to be a good sign. It means there is a definite interest in working on english translations.

It doesn't sound THAT bad. C'mon now. If anything it just sounds like the guy has never really done voice acting work before. There is nothing wrong with that given the games early development state. If anything I find it to be a good sign. It means there is a definite interest in working on english translations.
This is pretty much it. Voice is quite expensive.

There are some new voiceovers in the works though, stay tuned :)

Epex

Inquisitive
I've seen a sack of rice fall on someone's head...I've also seen a sack of rice fall to the ground and split wide open spilling all it's precious bounty of grains on the ground. What is not important to you, might be important to someone else in a higher degree because they are in it to role play. Your comment is worth more that 5 cents as is this thread. As Vesta indicated above, it's a matter of priorities right now.

It's like Star Wars with Jar Jar Binks or Hayden Christensen's acting... It's a little off. I'd rather hear Professor Stephen Hawking talk. ;)

Sheridan

Inquisitive
I will take a game that plays well and has content rather than making it look and sound pretty. Bioware invested lots of money in TOR for voice acting and ended up with a game that played poorly.

That said: If you wanted to go for top shelf talent - Jennifer Hale is pretty much it for a female voice actor.

Talizorah

Inquisitive
I will do Your voice acting for free for any male characters if you want. Just PM me for any info or questions you may have.

Talizorah

Inquisitive
interesting idea. I suppose I could go back in the game and write down the lines that the main character said and record them. Youtube isn't the greatest for audio but I could give it a shot.

Talizorah

Inquisitive
LOL I have every intention of being serious about it. I am starting a male character as we speak and will write some things down and probably record tomorrow when I get home from work.

Epex

Inquisitive
Watch your 'P's" and no heavy breathing and don't try to swallow the mic. :p We Look forward in listening.

Top Bottom