• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Todays wipe

Kirineki

Inquisitive
Hello guys,

Will todays wipe be the only wipe? Or will there be another wipe on the day of early access release.

Kirineki

Inquisitive
It said tentative which means experimental and uncertain. So it might be a test wipe to see if everything gets reset. And then we get another wipe on th

Valgard

Inquisitive
Wipe is done for EU server, have fun playing all! I hope the other servers will be ready aswell

Kaori

Wanderer
Will there be another wipe? What is point of progressing if it is all reset?
There are no character wipes planned for the foreseeable future.

The point doing anything in game right now is to accomplish two things, and hopefully both as the same time: to have fun and to test stuff for alpha :)

Roxefeller

Inquisitive
There are no character wipes planned for the foreseeable future.

The point doing anything in game right now is to accomplish two things, and hopefully both as the same time: to have fun and to test stuff for alpha :)
so... the game right now is in a "soft launch" where our characters we play right now will carry into full release? or there is going to be a wipe before "full release"?

IzznO

Inquisitive
Gamer
so... the game right now is in a "soft launch" where our characters we play right now will carry into full release? or there is going to be a wipe before "full release"?
There will be a wipe at launch offcourse :)

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
There will be a wipe at launch offcourse :)
its possible.
there will be wipe between alpha and beta testing <- thats right.
the game is now in alpha-test, very early stage of development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirineki

Inquisitive
Also not planned to wipe between alpha and beta. They will try to avoid it since it can be a negative thing for players eho already put alot of time in it. Making them want to leave.

Also not planned to wipe between alpha and beta. They will try to avoid it since it can be a negative thing for players eho already put alot of time in it. Making them want to leave.
I agree, I spend already almost 40 hours just to grind and grind and grind to lvlup both character level, weapons and armor. If this was suppose to be a test, they should have given us alot of exp so we can lvlup faster to test out all stuff ingame.

So I hope there is no character wipe at all. Or I may not play for quite sometimes (not like you care anyway) because how grindi it is.
Sure people keep saying "There will always wipe before full release" and I'am sure not every games did a wipe, I don't know any game that did not do full wipe but I'am sure there are somes that did not. I hope it will not come to character wipe.

HardV

Inquisitive
@Bacterial

I don't get it, so you are saying:

1) There WILL be a wipe between NOW and BETA.

2) There WON'T be a wipe between BETA and LAUNCH.

Is this correct?

Antaeus

Inquisitive
I'll try to answer that.
There is a high chance of wipe.
They are going to try and avoid it.
But at the rate that it is going.... Wipe might be needed. Storyline missions are limited. and Sidequests are even less. Lvl 25 max at the moment i think. But all the new quests are going to need testing. And who is going to test them if everyone is 40+ ?
So it is logical to wipe the server and see how it goes from scratch.
The usual practice in other games is to wipe the servers before open beta. But they usually do that few days before going into beta, so people would have a little headstart. So don't be to attached to your charecter for now. Things are still in motion, and if they make a change to armor and weapon lvling system that makes a big impact on the game - it raises the wipe chance.
And dont forget about the other weapons, Mechs, Crafting. It is going to be a real pain without a wipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
@Bacterial

I don't get it, so you are saying:

1) There WILL be a wipe between NOW and BETA.

2) There WON'T be a wipe between BETA and LAUNCH.

Is this correct?
Devs will try their best not to wipe anything between now and beta and then between beta and launch. But they couldn’t guarantee it.

LogDawg

Raider
Gold Avalon
In my opinion starting a new character will get you the most out of the game when it launches so I don't know whyt it matters if they do another wipe or not

HardV

Inquisitive
@LogDawg

You are right it would, but some of us have invested time in our toons and would not want to see them wiped. So to more than a few of us I'm sure it matters.

Either way that's why we have additional character slots; if we want the full experience after its released we can always roll a new toon while keeping our old alpha toon.

Scraggles

Inquisitive
Bought the game on steam (retail), I understand it can have bugs and if have access will report said bugs on the reporting area.

If the characters, experience and the like are all wiped, will probably find a new game to play with...

Top Bottom