1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

VIP For The Future (Redone)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DeadSkullzJr, Nov 8, 2016.

1. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

Due to mistakes made with the old topic I have made a new topic of this type of temporary status. Now I understand that it is not beta, or full release for that matter, but micro transactions I am sure will pop around eventually, so I am giving an idea especially for the developers of what they could do so they can get the process going whenever they start. Again please be friendly, and be respectful when giving opinions. Good or bad. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS JUST AN EARLY IDEA. THINGS WILL CHANGE DEPENDING ON WHAT THE DEVELOPERS WANT.

Due to the second idea from the previous topic, I will not mention that here, instead I will give a whole new detailed meaning to one VIP system and some new possible features and some feature ideas brought over from the previous topic.

NOTE: PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS TO GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE ENTIRE IDEA.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VIP can be purchased via premium currency. This currency can be obtainable with real money purchasing if the developers choose to do so. (If the developers decide to use this system.)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VIP Features:
    - 5% experience boost (Will change to what the developers want)
    Reason:
    The is will help for the later generations of players who want to pay to support the developers and have a way to catch up a bit faster.

Status for Feature:
    Applies to Founders: YES
    Applies to Avalons: YES
    Applies to later generations of players: YES

Note: The amount of experience will vary depending on what the developers want.
    - +1 point for every other point earned for the weapons and armor category, also applies to spec points
    Reason:
    To give a small boost to help stay balanced with the experience boost gained by VIP. Also to help those that want to level their weapons and armor slightly faster. Instead of gaining one point per weapon/armor bar filled, you instead gain two points.

Normal Progression For Points: (Weapons and Armor)
    Tier: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc.
    Spec Points: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc.

VIP Progression For Points: (Weapons and Armor)
    Tier: 2, 3, 5, 6 ,8, 9, 11, 12, 14 ,15, etc.
    Spec Points: 2, 3, 5, 6 ,8, 9, 11, 12, 14 ,15, etc.

Current Progression: (Weapons and Armor)
    1 point is earned +0 points is added every other time a point is earned = 1 point

With VIP:
    1 point is earned +1 point is added every other time a point is earned = 2 points

Current Progression Pattern: (Weapons and Armor)

Tier: +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1
    Spec Points: +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1

VIP Progression Pattern: (Weapons and Armor)
    Tier: +2, +1, +2, +1, +2, +1, +2, +1, +2, +1
    Spec Points: +2, +1, +2, +1, +2, +1, +2, +1, +2, +1

Status for Feature:
    - A permanent full set of VIP armor cosmetics and one VIP weapon cosmetic for each weapon category.
    Reason:
    These cosmetics are exclusive to VIP. This will give new and experienced players something cool to look at.

Status for Feature:
    - Permanent in-game title: Master of the Universe
    Reason:
    Give players a name they could start with. This could be a great start for adding more titles in the game.

Status for Feature:
    When VIP expires ALL boosts will disappear; the user gets to keep the permanent cosmetics and the title.
    THIS IS ALL JUST IDEAS, nothing here will be added unless the developers say otherwise. IT IS UP TO THE DEVELOPERS TO USE THIS IDEA OR TO LEAVE IT OUT. Again I know this isn't in beta or full release yet, BUT it is always good to give the developers ideas for later use.

Vesta and Dinariok like this.
  2. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

Good idea!
    Indeed this is an idea for developers to implement it or not and with what kind of content in each VIP pack. They could probably change even the name of this system. But again, personally I like this idea in general. I'm pretty sure if devs are going to make something alike, they will take care about balance to satisfy maybe not everybody but the majority of players.

Vesta likes this.
  3. Kaori

Kaori Inquisitive Golden Founder

I can see you've put a lot of thought into this, @DeadSkullzJr - I think it would be a fantastic idea to offer a package for new and veteran players when we are close to being finished with Beta!

You could call this a 'Subscriber', 'Premium', or 'VIP' package/service, as they have all been used to describe a similar, premium experience for the game (I prefer the term VIP as well, personally).

I think what you have so far suggested is a great start! All players want to feel like they have an equal opportunity at experiencing all game content - some of these items are a great way to offer them help in achieving that goal! There are certainly other items that could be considered for this, and some of these items can be offered additionally as, or restricted to, separate purchases; and/or one time use if that is preferred:
    • Inventory Expansion while active
    • Additional character slot(s)
    • Storage Expansion while active
    • Bonus credits while active
    • Bonus resources while gathering/deconstructing/etc.
    • Bonus experience while active
    • Regeneration bonus while active
    • The ability to Show or Hide head-slot items.
    • The ability to use dyes and/or unlimited use of them.
    • Unlimited Character Appearance Change (may not include sex, name, or race, for example) while active.
    • Max Weight Boost +20kg while active
    • Crafting Boost while active
    • A permanent title (as already suggested)
    • A permanent cosmetic (as already suggested)
    • A minor movement speed buff with a short cool-down for re-use (or a tier 1 mount (glider?) with basic movement buff)
    • increased auction listings
    • Premium hairstyles
    • Premium outfits
    • Access to piercings (face and ears)
    • Access to glasses and earrings
    • Additional animations (such as multiple dance moves at the Lame Moth!)
    • the use of global and trade chat without a 60 second cool down

I have been a Founder in over a handful of triple AAA MMORPG's and one thing that seems to be a point of contention in many games that offer 'Founder' packs (and Avalon packs for that matter), is when a game company starts releasing all of the bonuses and features given to founders only after giving it a fresh coat of paint. With such an awesome game planned with great features and bonuses for the Founder/Avalon packs, I would be really disappointed to see Project Genom take the same route here.

What do I mean by this? Take this for example:
    I buy a founders pack that includes a unique mount. For this example, let's call it "Mount X."

Mount X turns out to be the best looking mount in the game at launch, and rightfully so! Maybe it even scales in movement speed tiers as your character levels up? I think to myself "wow, this just might be something I can wear years down the road because only founders have this mount!" And everything goes fine with the launch of the game.

After a month or two, with the current influx of players and the lack of time to work on a new update (new content and cash shop items) because the teams are putting man hours into stuff they don't normally do (helping in other departments, assisting with customer server and support tickets, making extra coffee runs, etc), the game company decides to make Mount X available for everyone to buy and not only that, makes it available in a dozen different colors! Of course... excluding the ONE color that is unique to founders only so they can still say that the founders Mount X is still a unique mount!

No... no, what I have now is not a unique mount but a unique 'paint color' on the same mount that every other player in the game now has!

Whatever is finally decided in regard to Founder/Avalon packs and VIP services for the future in game, it is my hope that all veteran players are continuously rewarded for the time that they have invested in game. Having unique items, achievements, holiday event items and titles that are only available for a limited time, or seasonal time in the case of holidays, are a few ways to do this (and it is good that the players know which items are limited beforehand so they have ample time to acquire these items).

There's a lot more I have to say about this but I should close this for now to stay on topic and keep my post at a reasonable length. Also, some of these items may or may not be applicable to Project Genom, I'm just sharing ideas that I have from playing previous games. It is all up to NeuronHaze to use or leave out any of my suggestions here. I just took a minutes out of my time to contribute some brief thoughts to the thread.

Thank you for bringing this idea up, DeadSkullzJr!

Kaori
    AKA Veronica

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Fairdwin and Dinariok like this.
  4. Spagex

Spagex Rookie Bronze Avalonian

If the devs decide to implement this it will be a great way for the player base to help out with funding further updates and more.

5. HardV

HardV Rookie

As far as a "catch up system" for new players I like it, so long as the exp and point gain is a one time purchase deal and lasts a limited time.

Again that exp and point gain is my only concern so long as it is a permanent recurring feature. However allowing new players the opportunity to faster get to where we are is not a bad idea at all, especially considering that we are all going to be ahead of the curve once the game launches.

So a month long exp/point gain seems very reasonable.

The rest of the feature suggestions: would buy 10/10.

6. Seratin

Seratin Rookie

This is better then the last version, but I still worry it will lead to the scenario where someone who leveled without VIP will be measurably worse then someone who leveled with VIP. This could at end game easily lead to situations where free players could be shunned for not having the extra skill points that have been accumulating. Granted this would primarily be an issue at the far end of the leveling curve when players have run out of high enough mobs to progress, but could be a very real possibility.

This type of reward could potentially get out of hand at an exponential pace.

Fairdwin likes this.
  7. DeadSkullzJr

they wont be stunned, the experience gain is very small, the spec points just give a slight edge in earning, basically if you have VIP, you earn points a little faster, and it is only ahead of the regular progression by 5 points. Look at the pattern and how the points are earned above.

8. Seratin

Seratin Rookie

It's not a matter of speed, but rather VIPs getting points that non-VIPs don't have access to. This advantage will add up over the levels, meaning non-VIPs will never be as strong as a VIP. Then you either have to worry about content being balanced around non-VIPs (meaning VIPs become easy mode) or being balanced around VIPs (which makes non-VIPs a liability).

9. DeadSkullzJr

the whole point of VIP is supposed to give the buyer a slight boost, you pay for the temporary service, none of it would be permanent except for cosmetics and the title. VIP requires premium currency, premium currency requires real money, so if anything, you get what you pay for, people wont buy VIP if its just cosmetics.

10. Seratin

Seratin Rookie

So you're saying buying VIP should make you stronger? That's basically the entire definition of p2w, and at that point it might just be better to go with a subscription model to avoid that.

11. DeadSkullzJr

It is one thing to pay for premium currency then buying cosmetics, it is another when someone pays for premium currency, and pays for a temporary status, VIP, or premium status, has always been made to give a slight boost, because I can guarantee that people would think it would be a waste if the VIP didn't have any value with in it. The boosts aren't even that bad, and it isn't really p2w because you still have to work for the points and experience, it isn't handed to you right then and there. You just have it slightly easier, I honestly don't mind how the premium status works, but I can guarantee that there will be quite a few that would think it's a waste of the status doesn't do much except give a few cosmetics and inventory space that isn't permanent.

12. Seratin

Seratin Rookie

It would be one thing if it just let you get stronger faster, but you're advocating getting additional skill points that non-VIPs wouldn't get. Literally paying money to be stronger then those who don't, and yes this is very, very much p2w in the most raw form (and for a game that isn't even ftp that makes it exceptionally grating). I would rather pay a subscription then deal with this type of VIP system.