1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

VIP System For The Future

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DeadSkullzJr, Nov 6, 2016.

1. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

Hello fellow PG soldiers and developers, today I have finally thought about what could be implemented later in the future when micro transactions is implemented. Today I will be talking about a possible VIP system, or I should say two different possibilities of a VIP system. Please keep in mind that this is ONLY AN IDEA not a guaranteed feature to be added, please give your opinions in a respectful and friendly way. Thank you.

The way to buy/obtain VIP is by using premium currency. Premium currency can be purchased via real money/currency. (Varies depending in the real world region(s).) The amount of premium currency put in to pay for this VIP will also determine how long someone is VIP for. An example of this will be shown below.

My first idea was a traditional VIP system seen within most games. The features however vary depending on the game; so I bring you an idea of what could be in the VIP upon purchasing.

Traditional VIP:
    VIP for 10 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

VIP for 40 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

VIP for 90 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

VIP for 180 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

VIP for 365 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

Features Included In VIP:
    - +15% experience gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - VIP Glider
    - 3x Weapons and Armor point gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - A permanent cosmetic for becoming VIP for the first time.

Again VIP will last for an X amount of days depending on how much premium currency was used. After VIP status expires all effects will be gone except for the permanent cosmetic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second idea I had is a new type of VIP system, this VIP system adds a "ranked" VIP status. How this idea works is having three different types of VIP. Bronze, Silver, and Gold VIP, the features will vary depending on the ranked VIP that was purchased. Same as the traditional VIP status, there is an X amount of days of VIP depending on how much premium currency was spent.

New Ranked VIP System:
    Bronze VIP for 20 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

Bronze VIP for 50 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

Silver VIP for 20 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

Silver VIP for 50 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

Gold VIP for 20 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

Gold VIP for 50 days - (requires an X amount of premium currency)

Features of the Bronze, Silver, and Gold VIP:
    Bronze VIP:
    - +5% experience gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - VIP Glider
    - 2x Weapon and Armor point gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - Permanent cosmetic for becoming Bronze VIP for the first time.

Silver VIP:
    - +10% experience gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - VIP Glider
    - 2x Weapon and Armor point gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - Permanent cosmetic for becoming Silver VIP for the first time.

Gold VIP:
    - VIP Glider
    - 3x Weapon and Armor point gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - Permanent cosmetic for becoming Gold VIP for the first time.

Again VIP will last for an X amount of days depending on how much premium currency was used. After VIP status expires all effects will be gone except for the permanent cosmetic(s).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this was implemented, features may change depending on what the developers want, this has to be at a reasonable price range, so it isn't too complicated to afford. Again this is JUST AN IDEA so please no hate, just give your opinions in a respectful and friendly way. Thank you.

This is meant for later generation players who ARE NOT Founders.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Dinariok and Vesta like this.
  2. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

Sounds fine with me.
    I think both types of VIP you've presented, could be mixed in one when each type on the VIP (devided by its duration in time) has different content for different amount of currency spent on it.

3. Fairdwin

Fairdwin Rookie Silver Avalonian

Ok, first off, while I like this idea, and endorse some form of it, beware you are skirting 'danger close' to P2W which they specifically state will never be a thing.

That said, I think something like this is worth it because it gives intensive to continue supporting the game. Not sure if you're familiar with 'The Secret World' but one good thing they did with there VIP was, each month the VIP's got a new free cosmetic item only they got. It would not be gotten any other way. This incentives having VIP for a large number of people (collectors and the like) and was pretty cool.

Things I would say need to be changed. The Weapon/armor point multiplier. 1.5 low end, 2 high end. Nothing above. Drop the EXP boost all together, it's bad and you don't want it. Yes, leveling up faster is cool, but the amount of points lost because of it is not. I can't comment on the Glider, we haven't gotten to play with those

Yeah, that's all I got right now.
    Cheers!

4. DeadSkullzJr

Thats why I stated that it would vary depending on what the developers want. Look above.

Choptimist and Dinariok like this.
  5. Roy

Roy Rookie

eww no just no....

6. Epex

Epex Rookie Golden Founder

hmmm...I see your point and I raise you a potato.

7. vincor

vincor Rookie

The game was already sold to players with bronze , silver and gold package under steam. Introducing some sort of cash mall or those premium featured subscription kind of steer players away. It'll also defeat the purpose of asking players buying these dlc pakcages under steam. Unless project genome producers intend to slam the door shut on players who paid those founders packages.

8. Snark King

Snark King Rookie

How about removing all kind of boosters and instead make the VIP ranks be used as gateways for higher tier of cosmetics?
    for example:
    [VIP]Bronze- Rare Cosmetics.
    [VIP]Silver-
    Unique Cosmetics.
    [VIP]Gold-
    Legendary Cosmetics.
    [VIP]Whale-
    Artifact Cosmetics.

9. DeadSkullzJr

Well as cool as that may sound, majority of people would think that would be a waste, it's one thing to pay money for a cosmetic item, but it's another when they pay for a system like VIP and only get cosmetics out of it, VIP is supposed to be a temporary effect for players to get a small advantage for a specific time frame, this idea was more towards the later generations of players, I even stated that this wasn't toward founders.

10. Seratin

Seratin Rookie

Just picked up the game a few days ago, but increased weapon and armor gains seems like it would be incredibly overpowered. With the current implementation of leveling the bronze pack would be preferable to the silver as well. This might need some more thought.

Fairdwin likes this.
  11. DeadSkullzJr

The reason I gave this suggestion was because I was also thinking of players near the end of the game, points become very hard to get, if you take a look at the sniper, shotgun, and glaives, you will see they require well over 2,000 points for each tier. Now I doubt people want to get these points individually and would require months of grinding, a point multiplier boost would be great for the end game, so I thought why not add this idea, I am not saying that this is what it will be, and I doubt 3x point gain will be an option, heck a 2x point gain would be good, instead of gaining one point every time you fill the point bar you get two, I should have said "+3 point gain boost" because I think what threw people off was the "3x".
    --- Nov 7, 2016 ---
    Here is an edited fix...What about this.
    First Idea:
    Features Included In VIP:
    - VIP Glider
    * - +3 Weapon and Armor point gain for every weapon/armor experience bar filled (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - A permanent cosmetic for becoming VIP for the first time.

Second Idea:
    Features of the Bronze, Silver, and Gold VIP:
    Bronze VIP:
    - +5% experience gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - VIP Glider
    * - +2 Weapon and Armor point gain for every weapon/armor experience bar filled (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - Permanent cosmetic for becoming Bronze VIP for the first time.

Silver VIP:
    - +10% experience gain (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - VIP Glider
    * - +2 Weapon and Armor point gain for every weapon/armor experience bar filled (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - Permanent cosmetic for becoming Silver VIP for the first time.

Gold VIP:
    - VIP Glider
    * - +3 Weapon and Armor point gain for every weapon/armor experience bar filled (Varies depending on the system in game)
    - Permanent cosmetic for becoming Gold VIP for the first time.

* - Example: Instead of gaining one point when you fill the weapon/armor experience bar, you get +2 or +3 more points.

Dinariok likes this.
  12. HardV

HardV Rookie

I like giving the dev team a steady source of income but this is borderline "pay to win". I would happily pay $15 a month just to keep the updates coming, however such a system would upset many community members.

If these were solely cosmetic or convenience changes I would like it much better; things like inventory space, weight limits, costumes, skins etc...

Fairdwin likes this.
  13. Seratin

Seratin Rookie

My biggest concern is if this would result in needing VIP to progress at a reasonable speed. With +3 points per level you'd be effectively progressing at 4x the speed of a non-VIP (4 points for every 1 of theirs). They would need 4 months of activity to match 1 month of a gold VIP. I don't think you can add any amount of skill leveling without branching into p2w territory.

Perhaps a better alternative would be to give some portion of xp to the skill trees you're not leveling. Say every 1 point of pistol gives 25% of a ar point? You would have the same total points in a non-VIP's chosen skill line, but would give you more versatility and the ability to change setups easily.

14. Fairdwin

Fairdwin Rookie Silver Avalonian

I agree, while I see where Dead is coming from with wanting to create something to give late comers a way to catch up and such. I think it's just generally a bad idea, especially the EXP part, though as much as I hate to say it, the weapon/armor points part is too. Something like the Value pack from Black Desert Online would be best.

BDO Value Pack (30 days for $15)
    • Inventory Expansion 16 slots
    • Storage Expansion 16 slots
    • Combat/Skill/Life/Horse EXP +10% - This would need to be removed.
    • Distant Node Investment (Consumes 10 Energy)
    • Max Weight Limit +100LT
    • 30% bonus to the Marketplace sales collection amount
    • Unlimited use of the Merv's Palette
    • Unlimited Beauty Salon

It would, obviously be different but this gives a look at it. The EXP thing is useful with how grindy the game can get and more importantly you can sell Value Packs on the auction hall so they're very accessible for even those unwilling to pay for them. In fact, since they went live I have not bought a single one from the cash shop, but have always had it active.

Still, all that said, I think it's too early to talk about VIP systems. We should at least wait until Beta phase so we have a solid grasp on the game systems and features.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    HardV likes this.
  15. Kaori

Kaori Inquisitive Golden Founder

I don't think it could possibly be too early to discuss bonus content, bonus features, VIP systems or cash shop items. On the contrary, it may even be better to discuss them before planning their implementation than at the last minute, in case new insights and suggestions will help better shape the delivery and contents of these items.

Is it too early to implement these things? That is another topic and I would be inclined to agree on this point.

Since there is a new thread with a new suggestion, I will continue my post in that thread.

Dinariok likes this.