1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Visibility of item/npc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pulazzo, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Pulazzo

Pulazzo Rookie

It would be nice with cusotmization concerning nameplates for NPCs and items - especially quest items. It might cause more clutter onscreen, but running around looking for items becomes too tiresome, when you can miss an item/npc entirely because of a few ingame "meters".

Vollmond and dureuileric like this.
  2. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

General quests idea in the game (except maybe main questline) expects you to investigate whats going on in the given quest, so there won’t be markers above items, you should somehow find them. There are marked zones for some quests, tho.

3. Pulazzo

Pulazzo Rookie

Yes, and that is a fine idea. But because of the amount of "fetch and deliver" quests, missing/not spotting items on the ground, on random tables, behind crates and so on, disrupts the immersiveness imo. a simple increase in visibility range of items would do it (for me, at least) :)

4. dureuileric

dureuileric Rookie

It's really true that when you consider the poor infos for some quests texts, obliging to make guides to finish them or if you consider the hive, with many zone too dark and at the same time you're constantly attacked in the zone of interest... PLEASE, do a litlle effort on appearence and color of activing items texts... white is good but white with black detouring (around the letter) would level up their visibility in lighty environments...

Maybe at least arrow around the minimap should resolve that for most of the quests...

Moreover with time, more and more people are play in 4k, so small fonts sizes may become an issue like in the chat...;)

5. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

with time UI as many other things will be improved, for now devs are after stability, so players may actually play smoothly in future.

6. dureuileric

dureuileric Rookie

I know but remember also that quests with too much hazardous item location to find may improve player experience as well... It's just adjusting a little font and on ground marker size and draw rendering until the adding of more arrow for minimap or zone highligning...
    a simple black background with alpha at .5 and maybe +1 to used font for marker may be sufficent at the moment... i don't speak about fixing all the quests sytem right now :p

7. Le Spartiate

Le Spartiate Rookie

I agree that we should make a little search effort, but it must remain logical.
    When one NPC give me coordinate to investigate, I should at least see the coordinate on my map. Also why should I have to remind of all the munitions spots. Once I found one it should be added to my map. Like a GPS.
    I hope in the future that the mini-map will be scalable.
    Keep on the good job.
    Regards