• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Weekly Report Weekly Newsletter [#14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumuro

Chief Web Engineer
Staff member
Introduction

Greetings to all Project Genom players! Neuronhaze team keeps on working on the project development and sharing the info about development progress with all curious about it.

Software

We continue working on databases debugging and switching between servers. Every day our team of programmers develops the code, fixes bugs and improves the project overall. We strive for the quality and stability of the game, though it takes an enormous amount of precious time.

We’ve almost completed our work on NPC possibilities and their optimization. It allows us to increase areas with NPCs, implement new movement routes and set NPCs for the upcoming update.

World

The basic content of Infected Hive entrance is complete. Old Experimental Mines of Renegades will bring the joy of unique high-tech discoveries, challenging enemies, and precious resources.

This week we started to improve the start location. Players will meet the darker atmosphere, improved graphics and lighting, elaborated plot lines and more friendly training system, as many of you asked for.

We’ve also made new unique plants for the deserted Dump site area. Some of them will be useful not only for the craft masters but for all the explorers of these unwelcoming lands, helping players to survive.

Along with the plants, we create some new environment elements models for the deserted area.

Character

We’ve started working on the female version of Vampire Armor suit this week.

Storyline

We’ve completed writing all the dialogs between NPCs on the Ark. There are more than 300 unique dialogs in total. Considering that each dialogue has no less than two cues, the voiceover team has a huge amount of work ahead.

Conclusion

We keep on working on the project without breaks and any rest, still, as before, time is our main boss to defeat. Each bug entails new problems demanding the team’s attention. Each error throws us back, but as before, we strive for quality, as it’s what we believe in. As many of you believed in us showing support, now we're certain that we're in debt of making this game as good as we can to our players. Thank you all, friends!

We keep on tirelessly saying to all those who suggests buying the game — it’s in the alpha stage at the moment. So, we strongly recommend not buying it if you expect a full-fledged finished project. Purchasing the game now you support the development and get the opportunity to see its early stages. If you want to enjoy a full game experience with the maximum number of game mechanics and no critical errors, we advise you to wait until the game enters the beta testing stage or even later.

TBonenom

Resident Of Avalon
Founder
Man those screenies looks tasty... Can hardly wait to run around and check every pixel out one by one ingame. Also, main bosses are meant to be beaten, go team go! :D

AmmokK

Raider
Silver Avalon
Why is the NPC with the crate walking above the ground? ^^

As always: great work, keep it up! This will blow people away when it gets the update!

Keep up the good work the screen shot of the starting area look great. Also take all the time you need to code the data base a well coded data base makes the end user experience is much better.

You've made some serious improvements for the overall graphic of the game that will certainly give more depth to the game setting.
I really like the new designs and plants for the desert zone but i would give a more simpler but impactful design to the rock's texture.
Apart from that i really appreciate the effort that everyone in the team is putting into this project.
I hope to see more content related to the gameplay's mechanics in the next news.
Keep it up guys! We belive in you!

Cosmic_Wolf

Inquisitive
I'm excited! While new content is exciting, I suggest continuing to focus on the core aspects of this game: network, animations, voice, sound quality, textures, movements, combat system, interactions, etc (quality over quantity). I'm really looking forward to the update! I'll be patient and wait for a good update rather than a rushed update. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom