• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Weekly Report Weekly Newsletter [#15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumuro

Chief Web Engineer
Staff member
Introduction

Hello, friends! Our team continues working on Project Genom. Minor architecture bugs are still our main issue. Overlapping each other, they prevent us from releasing the update before the scheduled time. On the one hand, all the major time-consuming and complex tasks are already complete and the new architecture is ready for launch. On the other hand, we have to debug everything to the point that allows players testing the updated world without lags and crashes.

We are infinitely grateful for your patience and support. Soon we will be ready to announce the project update day, as well as some details and our immediate plans. Despite all problems, the project is getting closer to the constant updates stage and comes to life. But we still ask you to consider buying the game with the utmost seriousness. We sought financial support for the development and this forced us to launch Steam Early Access, as we work without any external funding or publishers. If you want to enjoy everything Project Genom will have to offer and have a full game experience, if you’re not ready to wait and believe promises, we strongly recommend not buying the game before its official release, or at least wait until the game enters the beta testing stage. If you still want to purchase it now, be prepared to face all the disadvantages of alpha testing of the early development.

Software

We’re still debugging the switching between servers and setting up the database. The primary goal is to create the most stable version of the game for the next update.

The project has been moved to the engine version 4.16. This version has brought a lot of useful improvements, including the possibility of significant game optimization.

Our team is still adjusting and debugging the non-player characters.

World

This week, we’ve started finalizing the basic content for the desert area near the Dump site.

We put the finishing touches to the visual component of the starting location.

This week, we’ve worked on the Digger Cave instance. The cave was too dark due to some changes in the technical features of the engine rendering, so and we decided to modify its lighting, as well as to replace some details and test objects.

We began the creation of low-poly models for the personal cabin blocks.

Character

This week, we completed creation and customization of the game model for the Vampire armor suit female version.

Our team is still working on the female character animations.

This week there was a change in the main character development branch. We decided to swap mechs and exoskeletons to make the system more logical, balanced and well-designed. Now mechs will be a high-level available for humans; exoskeletons will be a high-level content for synthetics (organic covers will be available for mutants as before). In this regard, as well as for some technical reasons, we decided to rework the design for the mechs and exoskeletons. We want to unify mechs in their size, animations and the type of game character mounting the mech. Also, we will lay a unified base for upgrading and tuning mechs, exoskeletons and organic covers at the same time. This week, we’ve begun working on the concept for a new mech.

Conclusion

The work goes on, and the project approaches new stages of development. Architecture, network, and the switching between servers are almost complete and debugged. The more stable these project parts are, the easier and faster is the work on creation and implementation of all existing mechanics. We don’t want to delay development even for half a year, and now we see that there is a solid chance for a rather early transition of the project to a pre-release version. This, undoubtedly, pleases us and gives hope to the whole team!

TBonenom

Resident Of Avalon
Founder
Never ceases to amaze me with all them fancy screenies... I'm particularly fond of how the desert area looks. Also yay new mech designs. :D

OctoberNight

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
Great news glad we are getting really close to the update and happy to hear that you may be able to get a pre release version of the game out sooner then you thought later down the road. Can't wait to get testing the update when it comes out.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Great news glad we are getting really close to the update and happy to hear that you may be able to get a pre release version of the game out sooner then you thought later down the road. Can't wait to get testing the update when it comes out.
My gaming computer is ready :sneaky:

Wow the game it's becoming more and more spectacular regarding the ambient visual impact, i appreciate a lot the work that you've done in making the desert landscape as simple as possibile but giving it a great impact on the players by letting know to them the type of zone they're in.
Also i'm very excited by seeing these changes that you've made on a lot of the game mechanic's concepts, i hope that these changes will make the game eventi better.
Are you going to make the shapes of the mecha a mixture between an humanoid mecha and a basic mecha shape( big a lot of edges with the pilot fully covered by the mecha suit)
Apart from that i hope the best for all of you and say to everyone in the team, Good luck for everything!

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Dam,great jobs guys, i cant wait for end of month
End of the month? Lol I don't think it will come out by then, of course it would be amazing but with all the work they still have to finish up I am sure it will take a little longer. Who knows, maybe they will release the patch, guess we just have to wait and see ;).

DeadDuck

Raider
Gold Avalon
End of the month? Lol I don't think it will come out by then, of course it would be amazing but with all the work they still have to finish up I am sure it will take a little longer. Who knows, maybe they will release the patch, guess we just have to wait and see ;).
Considering it's June 16th, the first half of the year is already past -- whether you consider the terminology previously used to be the interior, or the interior + boundary otherwise known as the closure, the update is already past-due.

EDIT: The first half of the year actually isn't over yet. Thanks TBonenom for the correction.

That being said, I do tend to agree it will take them a month or two to finish things up and I am excited to hear them say things like "pre-release." This is more than they had originally promised us, so I think extra time is reasonable here.

To be fair though, they've had something that most developers only dream of, 100% downtime to work on a patch. Sure the old version is still live, but we all know it's abandoned, so they can basically rebuild the game without doing on-going maintenance on any live incarnation or dealing with massive support tickets / bug reports, while also making money from previous / new steam sales. They lucked out on this community in terms of their patience, devotion, and general empathy and understanding, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom