• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Weekly Report Weekly Newsletter [#19]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumuro

Chief Web Engineer
Staff member
Introduction

Hello, friends! With a little more than two weeks’ time before the PTS opening, let us share the project development news with you.

Software

We’re still debugging the entire network part of the project. This week, our team managed to fix one of the most critical bugs. The problem was that when the game started the open world levels could not load, so the character hung in the air.

The bulk of work on storing the customization and initial character settings in the database is complete. We’re fixing some bugs that were found during the testing.

This week, we started working on the Raiders’ artificial intelligence. Raiders wielding firearms will be able to scatter from the player, constantly move, seek shelter, throw grenades and club approaching the player.

One of the main tasks is creating advanced graphics, control, and sound settings in the game.

World

We continue basic work on the Infected area. Our team is arranging the vegetation generation for the area, we add and configure new materials, set the main objects.

More textures and plant models for the Infected area are being created.

The Arena dungeon is now complete.

Character

All animations for the female characters wielding sniper rifles and shotguns are complete.

The character’s basic body marks were added to the project and are completely adjusted for both sexes. Also, the character customization interface is complete.

Our team is now engaged in creating the Mech model.

Opponents

We're still creating all basic animations for every kind of Hound in the game.

We're creating concepts for every kind of Trog in the game.

Conclusion

This week was calm and productive, despite the unexpected bugs that appear during testing. We’ve also managed to significantly optimize the open world while searching for a solution to one of the issues we’ve encountered. Apart from that, the development progressing rate is good, and we’re planning to create a stable version by the July 28.

And, once again, we want to remind everyone considering purchasing the game that it’s still in its alpha phase, and we don’t recommend buying it if you expect a full-fledged finished project. Purchasing the game now you support the development and have an opportunity to see its early stages. If you want to enjoy a full game experience with the maximum number of game mechanics and no critical errors, we advise you to wait until the game enters the beta testing phase or even later. The nearest PTS will also be the alpha version and won’t present the game in its final state.

You've done an amazing job as always!
The Infected area is starting to become more and more alien and mystierious, i really like all the different vegetation that is in there.
The character customization also for the male character it's something amazing and unique, i'm really enjoying it and i cannot wait to test it and create my own character with all those different options for customization, it's an aspect that all the player are going to enjoy a lot.
The concept art for the Trog are really cool and i hope that the model in the game will be as cool as them.
I'm really happy that the team is having a really productive and amazing period for the creation of the game.
Also i really like the effort that the team is putting in the optimization of the game for letting the game be available for everyone
GJ! And Keep It Up!

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
Raiders can throw grenades now? O.O That alone makes them more dangerous.
I really like the tattoos though, some of them are exactly what I was hoping for (tribal / thick bands / fear instilling). Thank you for that!

On the other hand, what I don't like is that the Trog eyes seem to stay the same. Those eyes without eyelids look weird. Their placement also seems off, assuming that the Trogs are herbivores. Herbivores tend to have their eyes on the side of their head, so that they can see a predator coming from behind.

Scraggles

Inquisitive
since the game is in alpha, maybe let everyone have some nice armour, weapons and the bike ?

not played for ages as understand there is going to be a wipe or several wipes, my missions are bugged and unable to progress to get the bike......

Dinariok

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
Cool!
Trogs are so cute! :)
I though so too, when I saw them for the first time in the game back in the days: "How one could kill them?"
But their cuteness lasted only till the moment they kicked my ... butt. :whistle:
No more mercy :sneaky:

pector

Error 404: Title not found
Gold Founder
Any information on who will get access to the test server? And is there a how-to guide?

Founder Packs Check List (Golden).jpg

Is this still a thing (access to the test server section)?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

pec

pector

Error 404: Title not found
Gold Founder
Hey Bac

I do feel cheated for my money in the event that everyone really does get access to the PTS. Unless its the case that the upcoming PTS and the test server mentioned in the founder bonus are two different servers. Could you get that info for me? I want the project to succeed as anyone, but I also want the bonuses that I put my money down for. Including restricted access to new project assets. :(

Cheers

pec

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
Hey Bac

I do feel cheated for my money in the event that everyone really does get access to the PTS. Unless its the case that the upcoming PTS and the test server mentioned in the founder bonus are two different servers. Could you get that info for me? I want the project to succeed as anyone, but I also want the bonuses that I put my money down for. Including restricted access to new project assets. :(

Cheers

pec
I’ll ask them tomorrow, almost midnight here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom