• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Weekly Report Weekly Newsletter [#33]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumuro

Chief Web Engineer
Staff member
Introduction

Greetings, friends! The work on the Project Genom continues without any inhibiting causes. With your help, we test PTS servers and prepare the game update for Steam. And, while you patiently waiting, let’s not break the tradition and let us share our weekly report on what we’ve done so far with you.

Software

Our most important and hefty tasks of the past few weeks — developing the quest system — is coming to its completion. The quest system involves many aspects of the game, so finishing this task allow us to begin the work on the final game content.

The work on the dialogue system of the game is finished.

This week we worked on fixing some bugging mobs. In particular, the Trog mobs AI demanded some serious debugging, as the new animations had been added to the game.

World

The Ghunars Ancient Complex is almost complete. Some of the decor elements will be added later.

This week we worked on the expansion and elaboration of the Wild Avalon area. Its environment now has some new hollows, passages and a wide swamp.

The work on a deserted area is complete. We’ll continue its further developing on the stage of implementing quests to the game.

Opponents

We continue improving the Mech animations. Being a high-level content in the game, it requires the maximum quality equal to player character. Thus, we create the complex animation system.

Conclusion

The game world develops, and we are craving for the implementation of quests into the game. We’ve re-written quests from the point of logic and interest, improved the dialogues, and made them more non-linear. We payed much attention on your feedback and tried to improve the whole storyline aspect of the Project. Aside from that, the brand new upgraded world should bring you more fun and variability, which will bring the quality of the Project two times higher than the previous version. We really hope that the new version of the game worth the huge amount of time and effort we put in!

We would also like to remind you that, at the moment, the main work on the project is done on the PTS servers. We’ll transfer the updated project on the base server only after we finish and successfully test the quest system. Now all players who want to see that the project is moving forward have an opportunity to take part in PTS testing. To take part in the test, you must have an activated copy of the game and follow the registration as described on this page:

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Project Genom

And, once again, we want to remind everyone considering purchasing the game that it’s still in its Alpha stage, and we don’t recommend buying it if you expect a full-fledged finished project. By purchasing the game now, you support the development and have an opportunity to see its early stages. If you want to enjoy a full game experience with the maximum number of game mechanics and no critical errors, we advise you to wait until the project enters the beta testing phase or even later.

AmmokK

Raider
Silver Avalon
Ah, really another great news that made my day.

I do have a question though. These screens don´t look as polished as the other ones before. Somehow like there is another layer above the - normally sharper - screen.

Like eg this here:

Looks way clearer.

Maybe it´s not the same settings?

lalfier

Resident Of Avalon
Founder
Do we have any ETA or predictions for live server? End of this year, Q1 2018, ...?

lalfier

Resident Of Avalon
Founder
Thx for reply.
I really hope that we will see some information about date (deadline) for live server and real start of EA on Steam.
Game looks better with every update and I have fate in you guys.
Good luck.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
Thx for reply.
I really hope that we will see some information about date (deadline) for live server and real start of EA on Steam.
Game looks better with every update and I have fate in you guys.
Good luck.
much appreciate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom