Weekly Report Weekly Newsletter [#60]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumuro

Chief Web Engineer
Staff member
Introduction
Hello, friends!

This week, as it was planned, the additional test branch of the game that’s been on PTS servers has migrated to the main servers. As the access to it opens today, we decided not to post a separate news, but to share this information in today’s Newsletter! If you didn’t participate in closed tests, then you can read a short guide on how to get access to the Test Branch below. Due to the migration of PTS to new test servers, access to PTS will be close to everyone.

Another important news this week it was decided on which date PTS will be transferred from test to main servers. The first update of main servers, which we all have been waiting for more than a year, is planned on May 7, 2018. Thus, as always, we will launch another update release countdown clock on the official website of the game. From this date, the project will be actively developed and constantly updated on the main servers.

We’d also like to remind everyone that the game is still in its Alpha stage, It has not all the planned mechanics yet, and that bugs, optimization issues and wipes may occur! By purchasing the game now, you support its development and have an opportunity to see its early stages. If you want to enjoy a full game experience with the maximum number of game mechanics and no critical errors, we advise you to wait until the project enters the beta testing phase or even later.

Access to test branch
In order to get access to the game Test Branch was transferred from PTS, you need to have an activated copy of the game on Steam, go to its Properties – > BETAS -> enter the code privatetestserver in the field “Enter beta access code”:

Right-Click on Project Genom in your Steam client’s Library

Select Properties

Open the “BETAS” tabs

Enter privatetestserver in the field shown below and click CHECK CODE

Select the test version in the selection list.

Done! After that, the test version of the game will be installed as a regular Steam product (by clicking the “Play” button). When you start the game, you can choose between a test branch and a regular version of the game.

Software
This week our main task was to transfer the PTS version to the test branch of the main server, as well as make the according adjustments and settings.

First, we added the support of regions. Currently, the additional servers have been deployed in North America. Thus, players will have a choice between North America and Europe.

French and English localizations were expanded.

Additional settings for the maximum texture resolution were added. For video cards with 1GB of memory, you need to choose low, 2GB of memory – Medium, 4GB of memory – High, 6GB of video memory – Epic. Changing the resolution of textures will require a restart of the game. This one setting can give a significant performance boost, so don’t neglect it.

Screens modes settings were revised. A real Full-Screen Mode was added as the additional option.

We added new various Quest Objects models.

Aside from that, a lot of bugs were fixed this week. They include the error with loading of intermediate stages of quests, problems with localization of stages, error with AI of mobs and bosses, and some UI flaws. New enemies were added, NPCs in the Ark were reworked and adjusted.

World
This week, we continued our work on setting the various important quests zones, which we prepared for the update on main servers.

Opponents
This week, the work on creating animations for Slider’s Larvae was started.

We continued our work on creating various effects for enemies — from skills to interactions with the environment!

Conclusion
This week, Project Genom finally reached the stage of its update on the main server. We all have been waiting for this moment! Many people fell into despair, some have forgotten us, but the majority of people have been helping us all this time. They’ve been testing the game and moving the project in the right direction. Without our players, our testers, this transition to the main server would have delayed for an unknown time. Thank you all, friends!

Over the past year and a half, the project has changed dramatically. There is no a single sequence of the old code left in, the world changed completely, spreading over 100 square kilometers, filled with absolutely new nature and zones. Most of quests were rewritten and improved, dozens of new quests were added. We completely redesigned all enemy models, animations, conducts and balance. New mobs were added. The character and his controller were completely changed, customization was added, the interface was reworked and many others changes were made. This is the completely new game, that took all the best from the previous version without changing its fundamentals, forgetting promises, and soon it will turn into a full-fledged MMORPG, which we all are waiting for!

We want to remind you once again that from now, PTS servers officially are closed. Now the test version of the game, which was on PTS, becomes available to all players without registering on the forum or any other complicated actions for its activation. Until May 7, 2018, game will be available in a separate test branch, which can be easily activated by entering privatetestserver code in the Beta tab in Steam. After May 7, 2018, we will transfer this version to the main server and will forever replace the current version of Project Genom. Thus, if you want to enjoy the flights in the heavens with ATV, fight with a black boot screen, see a small world and try to find Mithra without any help or map one last time – you have only 14 days left before we replace the main version of the game!

Once again, we want to remind everyone considering purchasing the game that it’s in its Alpha stage, and we don’t recommend buying it if you expect a full-fledged finished project. By purchasing the game now, you support the development and have an opportunity to see its early stages. If you want to enjoy a full game experience with the maximum number of game mechanics and no critical errors, we advise you to wait until the project enters the beta testing phase or even later.

DeadDuck

Raider
Gold Avalon
So after May 7th, will you still maintain the test branch of the main server for testing? Or will we use the fact that it's an early access pre-alpha and expect users to know that the main branch is not complete, polished or without flaws and bugs, thereby effectively negating the need for a PTS in this case since the entire game is understood to be in a testing phase. Thanks again for the update!

luciusruth

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
Ohhh good to know, I was heluva surprised when steam told me my PTS serial code were canceled.
OK You got my hopes up again, but I really hope that we get at least written English at start. PTS had some things in it but I was not able to check it out more because I did not understand language :D

Heeeey why I don't have gold founder status again?

DeadDuck

Raider
Gold Avalon
Ohhh good to know, I was heluva surprised when steam told me my PTS serial code were canceled.
OK You got my hopes up again, but I really hope that we get at least written English at start. PTS had some things in it but I was not able to check it out more because I did not understand language :D

Heeeey why I don't have gold founder status again?
You have to go into your forum settings and link steam with the forum account. From there, there's another step, but I forget what it is...

If I recall correctly: Go into your forum settings and look @ the Game Account tab, most likely, and activate a badge (if you have more than one, for example). You only have to activate your badge once. Mine was so long ago I forget the process, but... the basic steps are:

1.) Make sure steam is linked to forum.
2.) Fiddle with forum account settings / profile till you find a way to activate the badge.
3.) Profit

Hope this helps.

New2Game

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
This is good news, but I had a brief scare when Steam told me my Project Genom key was revoked. A second read of the alert and subsequent view of the newsletter cleared that up. Relief! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom