• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Would you like to see swift 1st/3rd action combat?

Would you like on the fly 1st/3rd action combat?

• Yes.

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fryepod

Inquisitive
I'm just curious to how many people in this community would be interested in "on the fly" switching from a 1st to 3rd PoV if PG ever ran across the idea. Three different sandbox shooters I've played has featured this on the fly mechanic via either the TAB key or MMB by default and its rather enjoyable.

I would like that. I mostly play FPS in the other game - and that is what converted me to FPS viewpoint.

I enjoy shooters much more in FPS mode...

pector

Error 404: Title not found
Gold Founder
1st person would be counter-logic to having implemented armor slots for example.

Plus this raises the question of how you would solve first person in mechs/special equipment and close combat (melee).

I'm under the impression so far that this game is built around traditional mmo gameplay which is solely based on 3rd person.

Now I am a fan of switching between the different perspectives, I just don't think that it has its place here in PG, based on what I've seen. And speaking for myself - I'd be happy if it stays that way.

Cheers

pec

Last edited:

MolliMayhem

Resident Of Avalon
Bronze Founder
I'd like ADS too please :D I tend to play in 3rd but the option to remove the hud plus 1st is where the best wallpaper screenshots come from.
But how do you screenshot in this game? My print screen button doesn't appear to do anything. :(

Wyntyr

Inquisitive
+1 for 1st person option.
...this raises the question of how you would solve first person in mechs/special equipment and close combat (melee).
Perhaps 3rd person view for mechs/vehicles? As for special equipment I don't know what that is so no comment. But for close combat the player would have the choice for either depending on what they like.

Top Bottom