• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Would you like to see swift 1st/3rd action combat?

Would you like on the fly 1st/3rd action combat?

• Yes.

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
It could be useful. It all depends on how the game is after everything is finalized including the combat system.

What I want is dodge and ground slides to give the gameplay more of an action game feeling, I keep wanting to dash in the air when I jump around. Also maybe just crouch (more precise aim, slow mouvements).

Right, I guess I can't see I'm crouching when the camera is in ironsight mode. I'm used to crouch and move freely by pushing the ctrl key in other games.

Emantide

Resident Of Avalon
Founder
+1 for 1rst person option.

Yes, camera toggle must be available for many reasons:

A lot of people likes to play in 1rst person view or toggle between cameras.

1rst person camera pros (imo)-

-Much more immersive, many people likes to play in 1rst person mode it gives you some sort of realism sensation, making you turn manually the camera.

-Better aimimng, hide crosshair should be added maybe and the chance of toggle to another view "very first person aiming" where you se through the iron sight (tipcal view on shooters)

-Perception of some details in that view level such indicators in the weapon telling you how much ammo left in the "clip"

-This camera allows you to see "things" closer. This camera zoom allow the player to see the textures, the world details, facial animations,etc... much closer.

1rst person camera cons (imo) -
[none related to the gameplay since it's alerady implemented in the market, so it just requires work]

--- In case you do the 1rst person it may cause extra work to do like:

-Check aiming system, animations, animations speed , head blob (natural movement of the head), sounds, and maybe another LOD level for the objects.

-It adds a whole new world perspective, with clean vision without our character bloquin part of the view.

-While in 3rd person player camera remains static aligned to the crosshair, meanwhile the charchter changes it's pose (very good) to keep the aiming in the most "natural" way. That variation would make the 1rst person camera unplayable in case of keeping the current animation state.

I hope they decide to make a FPS option. There are a bunch of TPSMMORPGs out there but no FPSMMORPGs. Firefall was the only one and it shutdown because red5 couldnt get its shit together and stick with a design. This game has the potential to fill the FPSMMORPG void Firefall left. Otherwise its just another Defiance or Division. So the question is really is this game going to stand out and be amazing or just become lost in an ever growing sea of cheap ripoffs? I hope they decide to make this game stand out because it does have so much potential.

Top Bottom