Weekly Newsletter [#55]
Hello friends! Our team is busy developing and improving Project Genom together with our testers. The past week of testing has shown great results. The servers, the network, and the database are stable. All critical bugs have been fixed and there are fewer substantial flaws. We continue to expand the gaming experience correcting bugs that occur and gradually prepare the game for the main servers’ update. And we continue sharing the information about the work we’ve done over the week.
We’d also like to inform all players that PTS servers will be disabled in the next few days in order to upload Preview 7, the newest PTS update.
This week we added the English localization which is important news for all our English-speaking players. The localization features all texts and a part of the voiceover. All players who wanted to test the updated PTS version but couldn’t do so because the game didn’t support English are most welcome on our servers after the next PTS update (Preview 7) is released.
Our team has added the assault rifles. We redesigned the old character controller that didn’t work with the updated network and adapted it. We ask all testers to test the assault rifles when the next update is out.
We’ve added the basic graphics settings that were one of the features most requested by our testers.
In addition, this week we’ve:
- Fixed the item trading system.
- Introduced the system of inventory slots being unlocked when spending different equipment points.
- Implemented the system that allows throwing items away.
- Fixed duplicate items in the database.
- Implemented the context menu for items.
- Fixed an error with the sale price in the tooltip being different from the actual one.
- Fixed an error with the invalid tooltips for quest and items.
- Added the item stacking system.
- Fixed the system allowing the Diggers’ parts to be shot off.
- Added the stack items splitting.
- Fixed a bug with mobs spawning after the lair is restored on a timer.
- Fixed a bug when the Spitter mobs attacked even after death.
- Fixed a bug when actually stunned mobs were still moving.
- Fixed a bug with the mob counter in the Lair.
- Fixed a bug when the mob didn’t return to the Lair when its target was lost.
- Fixed a bug with the idle animation being played even when the Digger mob was dead.
- Fixed a bug with the final impulse being added to the mob’s body upon its death.
- Fixed a bug with the shooting sound.
- Restored the decals for various types of damage.
Our work on the optimization of the Ark entrance is in its finalization stage. This week almost all structures and objects of the initial zone were optimized. There are a few tasks left concerning LODs and some textures; once done we’ll upload the updated version of the in-game world to the PTS servers for testing.
Our team has completed the set of animations for the Brawler mobs. All idles, skills, attacks, and movements are having corresponding animations that we’ve already set up. The next step is to implement all the technical features and add the animations to the project.
We’ve almost finished creating the low-poly models for the Sliders mobs. Now we need to add and adjust the fur cover.
This week, we’ve created concepts for expanding the types of Slider Larvae. Larvae live together with the adult species and therefore have the same visual characteristics.
The project is gradually moving forward and the pace is most satisfactory. We hope that there won’t be any unforeseen complex bugs as we continue to expand the game mechanics and features and we’ll be able to update the main game servers. This event will finally please everyone who decided not to participate in the testing. And once again we want to express our sincere gratitude to the community of testers who scrutinized every Project Genom’s pixel finding bugs that simply cannot be.
We’d also like to remind you that at the moment the main work on the project is done on the PTS servers. We’ll transfer the updated project to the main server only after we finish and successfully test the quest system. Now all players who want to see that the project is moving forward have an opportunity to take part in PTS testing. To take part in the test, you must have an activated copy of the game and follow the registration as described on this page:
And, once again, we want to remind everyone considering purchasing the game that it’s still in its Alpha stage, and we don’t recommend buying it if you expect a full-fledged finished project. By purchasing the game now, you support the development and have an opportunity to see its early stages. If you want to enjoy a full game experience with the maximum number of game mechanics and no critical errors, we advise you to wait until the project enters the beta testing phase or even later.